Author Topic: Goodbye Jazz  (Read 4491 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Goodbye Jazz
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2020, 08:43:19 PM »
What I really miss that the Civic has is the digital speedometer.
Fixed on the Mk 4 Jazz. I didn't realise how useful the digital speedo is until I got my Crosstar.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2020, 10:11:22 AM »
I fitted a GPS digital speedometer to my Mk 1 and I love it. The only time I ever need to look at the instrument binnacle now is once a week I check my fuel level!

VicW

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2020, 01:40:25 PM »
Hi Jocko, May I ask where you got it from and what it is called?

Vic.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 02:10:30 PM by Jocko »

Peter

• Approved Member
    • Peter's World
  • My Honda: MkII Jazz iVTEC 1.4 CVT
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2020, 12:58:55 PM »
I have been absent from this forum for some time as I deserted the Honda camp for a Volkswagen Polo. I very much enjoyed the Polo but it was a manual and because of health reasons I decided to buy an automatic. Like the OP I went for a Civic, but a 2014 automatic. In many ways this is an excellent car with many novel features and in particular, as has been mentioned, the near eye level digital speedometer.

After just over a month with this car I have decided to trade it in and this afternoon I am having a test drive in a GE model CVT Jazz. Why have I abandoned the Civic? Two main reasons. Number one, it is a much bigger car than I am used to and I struggle to get it into my smallish, 1960's garage. I've got now that I am almost afraid to use the car because I am so worried that I might damage it getting it in and out of the garage. Number two, that damned spoiler on the back. Yes I can adjust the interior mirror to compensate and, yes it hides headlights of following cars [though I never drive at night now], but I live in a country area where roads are narrow and backing up is a way of life and I simply cannot see well enough looking over my shoulder.

Thinking about it the sheer number of "toys" on the Civic is also a problem as my now elderly brain is finding it difficult to remember what they all do and which switch operates what. So time to drive a simpler life I think.

Back in the day I had a CVT GD Jazz which I kept for three years and had some adventures in with my late wife. I shall no doubt let you know how I get on with this newer one.

Peter in Devon

Happyarry

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi i-vtec CVT
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2020, 03:01:18 PM »
I only just found this thread and was a little confused when I started reading as Vic was one of the first to welcome me to this forum recently and the thread begins he'd swapped his Jazz for a Civic :o

Then I read he's swapped back, realised it was an old thread revisited and realised what happened.

I have decided on the Jazz for all those reasons given, Ease off access, reasonable economy and the lovely CVT which makes driving a doddle.

The EX Navi is a bit overkill with gadgets but just knowing they are there is reassuring. After all I've always been one to 'hoard and get mocked by the wife "it might come in"  ;D I like to have things even if I don't use them ???

I love the Civic styling and did consider it but the aging arthritic body said Jazz was the better option for me. I'm not disappointed.

Harry
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 03:03:43 PM by Happyarry »

Peter

• Approved Member
    • Peter's World
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2020, 05:14:27 PM »
Sorry, Happyarry, that was my fault for hijacking an old thread. I've just been into Plymouth to Rowes and test driven a Jazz MkII EX CVT and I love it. It's eight years old but only done 18,000 miles and is immaculate. I pick it up on Sunday and I am really looking forward to it. No more struggling trying to insert this Civic into my garage. Just got the insurance to sort out now.

Peter in Devon

Happyarry

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX Navi i-vtec CVT
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2020, 01:10:46 PM »
Sorry, Happyarry, that was my fault for hijacking an old thread. I've just been into Plymouth to Rowes and test driven a Jazz MkII EX CVT and I love it. It's eight years old but only done 18,000 miles and is immaculate. I pick it up on Sunday and I am really looking forward to it. No more struggling trying to insert this Civic into my garage. Just got the insurance to sort out now.

Peter in Devon

Hi Peter, I'm easily confused don't worry ;D I love the MK 2, never owned one but a friend of ours had one and we travelled in it quite a bit.
 I had thought of buying a Mk 2 but I saw this Mk3 at the Honda dealers and was sold, plus I had a 2015 Fabia and wanted something a bit newer really.
Hope you love the jazz. I am finding the more I live with it the better I like it. It's not as powerful as my Turbo 110 hp Fabia but excels in every other department.

Harry

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2020, 02:02:18 PM »

Peter in Devon

Hope you enjoy it..

I find it is amazing that there are 8 to 9 year old Jazzes for sales with under 25k miles on them. Not ones or two but tens...

Autotrader has 80 Jazzes with under 25k miles aged between 2003 and 2012

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2020, 05:01:52 PM »
I find it is amazing that there are 8 to 9 year old Jazzes for sales with under 25k miles on them. Not ones or two but tens...

Autotrader has 80 Jazzes with under 25k miles aged between 2003 and 2012

I think it's the average owners' demographic.  ;)

I take my Dad's car for the MOT every year, he's rarely clocked up over a 1,000 miles.

Peter

• Approved Member
    • Peter's World
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2020, 05:40:07 PM »
I went and picked my '12 Jazz EX up from the Honda dealers this morning. I must say it is absolutely immaculate and although on 16" rims to me seems to ride better than the Civic. I suspect that this will not only be my last car it will also be a very low mileage in my hands. Nevertheless I am looking forward to driving it, more so than the Civic which I was afraid to get out of the garage as I was frightened of catching it when I tried to back it in again. Oh how we worry about these things when we reach a certain age. Poor old chap.

Peter in Devon

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2020, 06:26:22 PM »
Just enjoy it, and try not to worry too much about the odd scrape and scratch.

If you do manage to avoid scratching it yourself, someone else usually does it for you in a supermarket car park.

embee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz SE CVT
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2020, 03:30:41 PM »
I recently picked up my 2018 SE CVT, just on 2 yrs old with one lady owner and 1500 miles! I think it must have been garaged all that time because it genuinely looks like it just drove out of the showroom, underbonnet is immaculate, and I doubt anyone has ever sat in the back seats.
The only thing I've done is give it essentially a full "break-in" (using all the revs/throttle regularly), I doubt it's ever been in those regions before and modern engines really do need to be worked to the full occasionally to get the best condition for the optimum service life. It's gradually improving, but I expect it will need to be north of 10k miles before it's really settled in. My 1.0L Yaris is now at 95k miles and is as good as ever.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2020, 07:06:56 PM »
I bought my Jazz 8 months old and 300 miles on it.
For the past 8  years I have been running it in at over 3.000 rpm.

At 46,000 miles, it is now running as if is run in. I expect that will last till 2026

Tags: