Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Fuse Boxes Information.
« Last post by Don21 on May 02, 2024, 08:57:02 AM »
Hello, Purchased a new Jazz Advance for the wife. Some may wonder why I am asking this question, it relates to an event with the last car she had. The fuse boxes under the bonnet and inside the car ( Passenger footwell ). They have identification like IG Main, IG Main 2 etc. I know IG means Ignition but how do I find out what circuit each fuse protects.  Years ago fuse box identifications would say accessories, lights, wipers etc so I knew what a fuse protected. So is there any way I can find a diagram, picture whatever for what each fuse protects. I understand the potential hazards of doing anything in this area but my qualifications and knowledge means I have a complete understanding of modern car electrics.  Many thanks for any replies.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Battery fan loud at speed over 60 km/h
« Last post by bearer on May 02, 2024, 08:33:20 AM »
Hi, I have had a Jazz MK4 for about a year. Recently, my attention has been drawn to the fact that as soon as I exceed 60 kilometers per hour the battery fan (near right rear seat) runs noticeably loud. Not in intervals, just blowing/pulling evenly all the time (at slow speeds it is quiet). Depending on the occupied position in the car it is more or less audible, but in the driving position I can hear it very well.
I'm wondering if by some chance I just didn't pay attention to it before, or if there was some change in the fan's operation after all. I checked the battery vent duct at the right rear seat, it looks OK, the seals seem fine. Is the behavior in your cars the same as mine or is there a defect after all?

Thanks
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Tyre deflation false alarms
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on May 02, 2024, 07:27:57 AM »
I still think the Honda indirect TPMS system has its advantages.   With a direct system the pressure sensor transmitters in the tyre may need to be replaced or serviced if their battery runs low. In which case its sensible to get all 4 done.   Also a faulty sensor  would be a malfunction that would fail the MOT.  Here is a paste from the official MOT testers manual 

Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
The inspection of the tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) is for M1 vehicles first used on or after 1 January 2012.

The TPMS warning lamp (see diagram 3) will generally illuminate and go off again when the ignition is switched on. If the system has identified a previous pressure loss, the lamp will remain illuminated. This does not automatically mean the system has a malfunction. In the event of a system malfunction, the lamp may flash a number of times and then remain on.

Warning messages on dashboard displays are not a defect in their own right, but may assist the tester in determining that the warning lamp is illuminated because a malfunction exists.

If it is unclear the warning lamp is indicating a system malfunction and not a simply indicating that one or more tyre pressures are low, then advisory information should be added to the test result.

If the Honda system gives a false alarm it is technically still working as a warning device, albeit over sensitive .

A  false alarm is a nuisance, but its only a matter of stopping, checking the tyres are ok, and then resetting the system.  Even if you have TPMS you should still check the condition and pressure of your tyres  regularly ,although you might not chose to do it  on a rainy night in a layby.     ;D
« Last post by ColinB on May 02, 2024, 07:10:23 AM »
Most of the reports about TPMS false alarms seem to involve high speeds (motorways or fast dual carriageways). I wonder how many people actually reach those speeds when recalibrating? May be difficult if there’s no convenient fast road nearby. If not, then the system seems unlikely to have “learnt” the necessary parameters.
« Last post by Kremmen on May 02, 2024, 03:49:24 AM »
How did you initialise the system ?

The original advice in my old Civic manual was to drive at least 15 miles after firing off the calibration, taking in all manner of bends and speeds so it can learn the expected rotational values

If you don't do the 15 miles then it can't calibrate hot tyres
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: sunglasses for driving
« Last post by Kremmen on May 02, 2024, 03:44:08 AM »
Specsavers did me a pair of proper prescription sunglasses for half price

They came out with a sample of colours I could have. I have used them a few times and they are good
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Spacesaver spare wheel
« Last post by Kremmen on May 02, 2024, 03:41:32 AM »
My impression of that tyre plug kit is it's probably fine in a workshop where you can identify where the puncture is

I wouldn't like to try and use it on the roadside in dark or wet weather which brings us back to relying on the gunk because we have no spare wheel slot

I would have preferred to have lost the magic seats to give extra space for battery pack and spare wheel
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Spacesaver spare wheel
« Last post by Lord Voltermore on May 01, 2024, 05:55:33 PM »

Yes, it doesn't happen very often, but when it does the spare wheel makes a big difference. The lack of even provision for a spare wheel makes me reluctant to replace it with a Mk 4 when the time comes.
I carry a full sized spare in my Mk4, strapped down in the boot space.It takes up quite a bit pf space but I can still fit  a medium sized suitcase laying on  top of the tyre and quite a lot of luggage to its side.   More remaining volume than the total boot space in my 2007 Yaris.   
« Last post by dayjavoo on May 01, 2024, 05:50:04 PM »
When this first happened to me, just two weeks after taking delivery of my Jazz, I immediately pulled over and checked the tyres and discovered that there was no sign of loss of pressure in any of the tyres.  It's happened a few times since then but if the car feels OK I've felt confident enough to drive carefully to the next convenient services.  I thought the false alarms could be due to the tyres warming up and the pressures increasing but the handbook says "The low tyre pressure indicator will not come on as a result of over inflation."  I just recalibrate the system and the warning goes away - until the next time!  I also recalibrate after any routine check and adjustment of tyre pressures.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: 12V Battery after long stand still
« Last post by coldstart on May 01, 2024, 05:12:30 PM »
Due to (medical) circumstances, the car was not used for 71 days (10 weeks, 2½ months).
With fingers (also toes and eyes) crossed I pressed the unlock button on the key.
Flashing, mirrors unfolding and everything seems ok.

Thank you for the positive feedback on this topic!

And a hearty welcome back! I hope you are well again!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]