Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Mk4 2021 Jazz Brake failure
« Last post by Tombola on August 25, 2024, 03:59:22 PM »
I wonder how many of those affected by this have reported it here  https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-recalls-and-faults/report-a-serious-safety-defect
« Last post by Saycol on August 25, 2024, 03:32:38 PM »
Being the owner of a  22 registered  Honda jazz crosstar  I've been  following the  brake simulator problem  from the first  page of the reported  fault.   Although  my own car hasn't  (yet) and might never suffer from  this issue. I'm  starting to  become  concerned about the brake problem as the warranty  is coming  to an end.
Aside from  a passenger  side mirror motor replacement ( a known defect)  and a camera  recall its  been very reliable  , my car's  warranty   expires  next May.
And quite  honestly  I  thought  8 months  later from the first reported  faults there would have  been a recall  by now.

Unfortunately  we are still being  kept  in the dark  about this problem.
I have sent emails  to Honda Customer care  , with no real clarity on this problem in their  replies.
I could  pay to extend  the warranty  to cover  this brake simulator problem,  you would normally  buy extra warranty  to cover the unexpected  happening, 
But this is a known defect   that Honda should   be recalling  and correcting .
So I have decided  to  trade my crosstar  in just before  the warranty  ends.
It's  an expensive  risk I'm not  prepared to  take.
Would   I buy another Honda?, definitely not ,  unless  clarity  of  what cars are affected by this problem.
 Customer care  is now ,a couldn't care less
Keep them in the dark and feed them BS attitude.
This issue  affects all mk4 owners because no one knows 100% if their  cars are  or aren't affected.
Hopefully  a very small  batch  of cars are  affected , and most owners   will  not  suffer  this problem .
But that  not knowing  if your  car  is  one of the unlucky  one's  will always be there.

This is exactly why I parted company with my 2021 Crosstar earlier this year. I had been very happy with the car but didn’t see why I, the customer, should bear the uncertainty and potential inconvenience and cost of this brake simulator problem. So in March , 3 months before the warranty was due to expire I replaced it with a Lexus LBX. Honda have lost a customer and I expect will lose many more because of their approach to this known major fault.
Honda Jazz Mk4 2020 - / Re: Honda Jazz MK 5 2025
« Last post by Jazzyone on August 25, 2024, 03:25:48 PM »
A new MG HS self charging hybrid SUV is supposed to be out very soon.Same running gear as the MG3. Twice the battery size of a Jazz so more ev only running. I’ll certainly be having a look at it.
« Last post by Tombola on August 25, 2024, 02:59:41 PM »
I think a lot of people are going to take the 'China risk'...

Not me.
Not me either, the MG would be tempting if that's all I could afford, it's well specced with a long warranty (which will probably be needed) but I will go with the "Japan risk" for peace of mind
« Last post by ColinS on August 25, 2024, 02:17:34 PM »

Not me.
« Last post by Tombola on August 25, 2024, 02:09:31 PM »
Its a great pity honda can engineer an outstanding hybrid drive train and all the the very hi tech knowledge from hondas F1 hybrids along with 20 year’s evolution of fine tuning the tech ! To then have an isolated problem with the brake simulator and fail to resolve it is at complete odds with where honda should be give the effort to get to todays clever hybrids ..seriously honda you absolutely know what needs to do reengineering the brake simulator never mind just swapping them all out at no cost or inconvenience to your customers . Honda europe is staffed by morons who claim the brake simulator failure isnt  a safety defect .. lets see that one stand up in court . Would volvo corporately stand up and say that !!!
I would think in the countries where there has been a recall a modified brake simulator will have been fitted
« Last post by Jazzik on August 25, 2024, 02:02:55 PM »
Compare the OTR price tag of a Honda Jazz Advance (£29.000) and a MG3 Trophy (£21.200) and take into account the MG's 7-year manufacturer’s warranty.
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / HONDA Mk3 Jazz EX electric windows sticking sometimes
« Last post by Twinkie on August 25, 2024, 01:59:01 PM »
Hello
perhaps some kind person could advise me regarding my cars windows
Sometimes they will go down and not want to come back up and then they seem to jerk a little.
Other times they work fine is there some special Spray stuff I can use to ease them along etc .
Thank you for any advice
« Last post by Colstarr on August 25, 2024, 01:41:39 PM »
Being the owner of a  22 registered  Honda jazz crosstar  I've been  following the  brake simulator problem  from the first  page of the reported  fault.   Although  my own car hasn't  (yet) and might never suffer from  this issue. I'm  starting to  become  concerned about the brake problem as the warranty  is coming  to an end.
Aside from  a passenger  side mirror motor replacement ( a known defect)  and a camera  recall its  been very reliable  , my car's  warranty   expires  next May.
And quite  honestly  I  thought  8 months  later from the first reported  faults there would have  been a recall  by now.

Unfortunately  we are still being  kept  in the dark  about this problem.
I have sent emails  to Honda Customer care  , with no real clarity on this problem in their  replies.
I could  pay to extend  the warranty  to cover  this brake simulator problem,  you would normally  buy extra warranty  to cover the unexpected  happening, 
But this is a known defect   that Honda should   be recalling  and correcting .
So I have decided  to  trade my crosstar  in just before  the warranty  ends.
It's  an expensive  risk I'm not  prepared to  take.
Would   I buy another Honda?, definitely not ,  unless  clarity  of  what cars are affected by this problem.
 Customer care  is now ,a couldn't care less
Keep them in the dark and feed them BS attitude.
This issue  affects all mk4 owners because no one knows 100% if their  cars are  or aren't affected.
Hopefully  a very small  batch  of cars are  affected , and most owners   will  not  suffer  this problem .
But that  not knowing  if your  car  is  one of the unlucky  one's  will always be there.
Colstarr, I have on order a 2024 Jazz Advance and, like you, have been following this topic and my thoughts are that Honda will have the problem sorted with later models, maybe just a bad batch have got through on early models, there have been recalls in other countrys with modified parts fitted to cure the fault, surely (hopefully) Honda will have introduced these modified parts to the production lines, when I take delivery (not long now) of my Jazz I will ask if this issue has been resolved   

I really  wish you and your new Jazz  advance  a trouble free   motoring  life.
My original  plan was to buy the new crosstar  advance  sometime towards the end of next year  .
But after reading  about owners who have suffered from this issue  ,and the attitude  of Honda  offering  a  contribution  of 40% towards the  repair  . Knowing  that faulty
Simulators are fitted, and then owners having to  chase Honda for a full refund of the  cost, put me off buying another Honda.
The Honda Jazz as also become a very expensive  small  car  now, with other manufacturers  offering  better  value for money.  I would  think that  majority of  owners  buy Honda  cars because of their  after  care and reliability.  Both of which  Honda seem to be  failing  on.
I think  you  are  probably correct   about a modified  simulator  is now fitted and should be  trouble  free.
Honda take note. It takes years to build a company  with a reputation  for reliability,  but it doesn't  take very long to ruin it. 

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]