Author Topic: Honda Jazz owners and motorcyclists  (Read 5309 times)

guest5451

Honda Jazz owners and motorcyclists
« on: August 17, 2016, 08:10:57 PM »
How many Honda Jazz owners on Club Jazz.org are also motorcyclists?

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
Re: Honda Jazz owners and motorcyclists
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 10:04:47 PM »
How many Honda Jazz owners on Club Jazz.org are also motorcyclists?

I was a rider, including Honda. Too old and creaky now.......  :(
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 06:51:33 AM »
Just got a brand new Suzuki SV650 naked sports bike to replace my Supermotard  (was a nice urban bike but seat was too high),   the 'V' engine is a gem (especially now it is run in) very well balanced and smooth, easy to ride with linear torque from tickover to 10,000 revs (not like inline 4 cylinder bikes with nothing below 6 to 8K and then a rush of power) - and I can comfortably get both feet flat on the ground - inspires much more confidence.

0-60 in just over 3 seconds - fast enough for me.

Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest5451

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 08:47:27 PM »
Nice,
I always fancied a TL1000 suzuki but it just felt too much of a stretch to the bars for me.
So I went for a ZZR 1100,purple and orange one D1 model.I put a set of bar risers on it and it is  the most comfortable bike I've ever had and 147bhp ,170+mph. I would really like a more modern bike,but can't find anything thats anywhere near my ZZr.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 07:20:26 AM »
I know people always say. 'get a more powerful bike than you need,  you don't have to use all the power' but I don't want to do 150mph+ and 0-60 time on a 'litre superbike' isn't much better than my 650 because of power being towards top end of revs on 4 cylinder bike. I am getting about 75mpg from my SV650 and could get more,  but I tend to get to speed limit fairly quickly ( :o ) and then not exceed it, because I know plod doesn't need much of an excuse to stop a bike,  and they don't normally stop you to admire the paint job on your bike.

I was offered a mint Honda CBR600 in exchange for my Supermoto, but didn't want a screaming engine bike. With a 6 speed box on the SV I can wind back throttle in basically any gear and get a nice kick in the pants,  and 135mph is more than I ever want to do on a naked bike.  I am still getting used to the awesome engine braking on the V twin,  which means my brake pads are gonna last for ever (even if my chain doesn't) and I have to deliberately tap rear brake just to active brake light for following traffic (may get one of those trick bits of kit that senses when bike is slowing down and activates brake light without putting brakes on).  2016 SV comes with ABS, twin sparks per cylinder and Euro 4 compliant emissions which is why I waited for new model.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 02:58:15 PM »
I am an ex biker of some years but as I am now a knackered old fart I got worried about holding the bike up.
My last bike was a Yamaha Super Tenere, plenty of grunt in that for me.
When the Lottery Fairy coughs up I will buy Grinnall R3T trike.

Vic.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »
Last motorcycle before I moved country was a Honda CD250U for getting to work. Last new bike was a 2002 Suzuki SV650 for work (good old carbs and no electronic tosh to go wrong). Recently got a well-worn BMW R1100RT and ride it like an old man ;D.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 04:20:10 PM »
I am an ex biker of some years but as I am now a knackered old fart I got worried about holding the bike up.
My last bike was a Yamaha Super Tenere, plenty of grunt in that for me.
Vic.

With a 34" + seat height and best part of 600 lbs weight no wonder you are worried about keeping the bike up,  that's exactly why I went for a lower seat and lighter bike (although SV650 it isn't lighter than my last bike the seat is 4-1/2" lower).

I don't get these adventure bikes like BMW GS1200 and the like (the motorbike equivalent of Chelsea tractors),  I would never dream of going off tarmac on something weighing in at 600lbs and so tall I can only get toes on the floor on a flat surface - most of the true adventure bikers go round the world on Honda 250 / 450 cc or Suzuki DRZ400, or maybe a 650 single which are reliable, lightweight and have plenty of power (over 40 horses) and good fuel consumption.

http://www.sibirskyextreme.com/2013/08/bike-selection-101/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57CxadhwMPg
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 05:15:53 PM by culzean »

guest5451

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 08:37:10 PM »
A couple of years ago I had a Yamaha TDM850 twin,which I absolutely loved.
The engine was fantastic,all low down power,it pulled like a train. Only sold it because it was just slightly too tall for me if coming to a stop on anywhere which didn't have a level surface.I was at the Laxey Wheel car park on the Isle of Man once,I pulled up,put down the side stand,then proceeded to gracefully step off,but instead, in slow motion just toppled over with the bike on top of me. The lady in the kiosk opposite couldn't stop laughing while she helped me up. She said it was like watching Del Trotter fall through the bar in only fools and horses.

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 09:38:47 PM »
Honda City + Motocompo anyone?

--
TG

Dayjo

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018. EX Navi CVT.
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 10:18:55 PM »
A much younger Dayjo. Who had hair and no belly, in 1967.......

Happy days!  :D
David.
Drive them 'til the roads wear out.......

guest5589

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 10:37:56 PM »
Honda City + Motocompo anyone?

--
TG

I saw plenty of MotoCompos at Crystal Palce Hillclimb a couple of months ago. They are lessons in packaging. I still hunt for a City Turbo II with one in boot but only the Jazz 3GM come up for sale every now and then.

Here is a gallery of photos I took at the Palace. Plenty of Honda machinery including compose and monkey bikes were on display.

http://hondakarma.com/threads/cars-of-crystal-palace-2016-pic-heavy.22765/

Tags: