Author Topic: Maintainace Scheduals best car manual  (Read 2583 times)

guest6130

Maintainace Scheduals best car manual
« on: May 21, 2016, 04:13:34 PM »
Hi all

First post so be gentle new to Jazz ownership.

Purchased a lovely 32k 2007 1.4 SE CVT from Honda Main dealer in Bradford today, two owner car with complete service history for my wife to drive once she has passed her test (only been trying to get her to drive for 20 years!).

Anyway the plan will be for me to maintain her as we tend to keep our cars forever and pass them down to the kids as a result its usually me when it comes to fixing them.

So anything specific I should do as preventative maintenance, whats the best DIY repair manual and recomendations regarding parts/service items suppilers. Any guildes I should read?

Andy 

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: Maintainace Scheduals best car manual
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2016, 09:08:36 PM »
Hope you will be very happy with it.

Apart from standard maintenance, regular fluid changes in the CVT boxes are recommended although the frequency is of some debate, but more often has to be better.

Like all modern cars and especially a 4k p.a. town car the EGR valve appreciates a bit of action every now and then, so a brisk acceleration on a motorway slip road once a month is wise.

At 10 years probably worth considering a replacement battery may be required soon and keep an eye on the exhaust.

There is a front lower control arm bush that shows visible deterioration but keeps going for years.

A/C lasts longer with regular use.

http://www.hondafitjazz.com/manual.html   is very useful, UK models are region code KE.
--
TG

guest6130

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2016, 10:51:42 PM »
Thanks TG good link lots of useful stuff.

Battery is new so that's that one done. Suprised they have eight plugs and coils must be a good reason for the added complication and increased risk of problems. Intresting that Honda have altered the spec on the CVT fluid is this a available only from the dealer or are there alternative sources now?

Exhaust is a bit scabby on the pipes from the downpipe to the back box which looks to be stainless might have been an idea for honda to have used a SS the full lenght. Any idea as to the cost of replacement post cat?

Cheers and thanks for the help, appreciated.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2016, 11:49:20 AM »
Keep an eye on the brake pipes corroding, a common MoT failure on Jazzes at 10+ years especially will low mileages.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2016, 08:47:14 PM »
Keep an eye on the brake pipes corroding, a common MoT failure on Jazzes at 10+ years especially will low mileages.

Someone at Honda thought it would be a good idea to strip plastic coating off the rear steel brake pipes on the last bit where they go from flex pipe to solid on rear suspension arms on their final journey to brake cylinder on rear hub. Would have thought copper alloy brake pipes would have been standard on a car built to Honda quality standards - with new materials available corrosion should never be a problem,  especially on something as important as brake pipes.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 09:05:36 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest6130

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2016, 10:16:41 PM »
Most cars with plastic covered brake pipes seem to have the same problem think its to allow the union to side back up the pipe for it to be decoupled, but yes a rust spot which will knacker the pipe.

I'll get it up on the ramps and check them at the same time as giving the underbody a good coat of Dinatrol.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 07:07:40 AM »
Most cars with plastic covered brake pipes seem to have the same problem think its to allow the union to side back up the pipe for it to be decoupled, but yes a rust spot which will knacker the pipe.

I'll get it up on the ramps and check them at the same time as giving the underbody a good coat of Dinatrol.

there is a good 150mm+ of pipe exposed - a definite problem area
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest6130

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 09:14:56 PM »

there is a good 150mm+ of pipe exposed - a definite problem area
Makes you think its a deliberate, shame the brake lnes aren't all fabricated out of SS given there saftey value,

Tags: