Author Topic: Congratulations to my Honda Dealer  (Read 3505 times)

MikeG1944

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 CVT SE 2008
Congratulations to my Honda Dealer
« on: May 14, 2016, 09:08:02 AM »
Picked up my 2008 Honda Jazz 1.4 CVT SE on Thursday. Absolutely amazed at how clean and tidy it was for a second hand car. Every inch was polished and clean, even inside the door pillars and hinges.

And when I looked under the bonnet I was even more amazed. Not a bit of rust, dirt, and what certainly looked like a brand new battery. I've bought many cars over the years but never had one that was already 8 years old and looked brand new under the bonnet.

Honda main dealers certainly do care, as I believe the Honda company does, as they give a full years Honda warranty and do everything necessary, including any recalls, before you take it away.

Soon adapted to the Automatic as I had had an auto a few decades ago, and just getting used to the electric power steering which feels slightly strange at first, as it tightens up quite a bit as you get to 60mph, after being slack in low speeds. Guess I'm comparing it with the wife's 2007 Micra which is slack at all speeds. Anyone else find this strange?

Really pleased with my purchase and congratulations to my local dealer Crown Garage in Soham, Cambridgeshire.  :)

Mike.

trebor1652

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64.7 mpg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Crystal Red Two Tone
Re: Congratulations to my Honda Dealer
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 09:28:23 AM »
My guess is that your dealer may not have done a lot as us Honda nerds tend to keep our cars clean and tidy.
I dare say that you will fall into that 'group' soon.
Enjoy your new car. :-)

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 11:40:59 AM »
My guess is that your dealer may not have done a lot as us Honda nerds tend to keep our cars clean and tidy.

I think you may be right there Honda owners do tend to look after cars,  but I do wish Honda dealers were as keen to look after mechanical bits as they are to clean your car - a couple of years ago I took my car in for service ( a rare event for me, and only because i had been offered a cheap service plan) and i picked car up (spotlessly clean) and took it back home - being cynical I took dipstick out and was horrified to see dirty oil on it,  I also checked air filter - also dirty.  I went back indoors to phone them and just as i was about to pick phone up it rang,  it was Honda dealer to tell me my car had been put in 'wrong area' at their workshop - apparently it had been cleaned before they 'serviced' it and put back in 'finished area'.  wonder how many times that has happened.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 01:04:13 PM »

I think you may be right there Honda owners do tend to look after cars,  but I do wish Honda dealers were as keen to look after mechanical bits as they are to clean your car - a couple of years ago I took my car in for service ( a rare event for me, and only because i had been offered a cheap service plan) and i picked car up (spotlessly clean) and took it back home - being cynical I took dipstick out and was horrified to see dirty oil on it,  I also checked air filter - also dirty.  I went back indoors to phone them and just as i was about to pick phone up it rang,  it was Honda dealer to tell me my car had been put in 'wrong area' at their workshop - apparently it had been cleaned before they 'serviced' it and put back in 'finished area'.  wonder how many times that has happened.

i always check the dipstick and filters or whatever part they say they have done etc before i leave the dealer

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2016, 05:33:28 PM »
I never clean the engine bay and only clean the car when really dirty..

Each week from March to October I travel 7 miles over single track roads  to our local apiary. And back again. Horse excrement, mud and drawing into the grass or mud at the edge to allow a car/horse/tractor to pass makes for a dirty car.   (4x4 drivers are worst - they don't drive on mud and seem utterly u/s unless they are farmers)

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 08:05:24 AM »
My Honda dealer certainly does a much better job than the previous BMW dealer I used.  There, I had grease marks on the steering wheel, the paper inserts left on the carpet and once they left out the small rectangular cover from the under engine shield and then tried to sell me a new one, saying it must have "fallen off" even though I spotted its omission when I got home that day
If music be the food of love, play on

MikeG1944

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.4 CVT SE 2008
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 08:23:30 AM »
Thanks for the replies folks.

Chrisc; I think Honda may be a little hotter on their main dealers than some other companies; especially the British ones. They appear to want happy customers whereas some companies couldn't care less once you've bought the motor.

Tags: