Author Topic: auto stop  (Read 8168 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
auto stop
« on: April 05, 2013, 07:07:03 PM »
i see the 1.2 se on jazz now has autostop to get that 3% co2 down to 120% so you get a £30 tax disc

i wonder if this system can be turned off

Alan

Re: auto stop
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 10:19:08 PM »
Why would you want to?

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 11:52:10 PM »
because it sucks and puts extra wear on the engine and components, glad i got a 1.2 without it but i would like the 30 quid tax disc that is the only reason to have it

Alan

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
Well it doesn't seem to have been a problem on the Honda hybrids which have all used it and it doesn' seem to be a problem on the series 9 Civics.

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2013, 12:46:36 AM »
time will tell

guest3776

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2013, 09:26:43 AM »
How is the engine started again after "Auto stop" ?

Honda hybrids use the electric motor to fire up the engine again after "Auto stop" so there is no
aditional mechanikal wear using that system, many of the 1. generation Insights have done
2-300.000 Mls. without problems.

I also know that the Smart42 MHD and other small cars use a system developed by Valeo, this
system use a belt to restart engine after Auto stop.

Valeo belt driven starter - alternator:   
http://www.slideshare.net/ValeoGroup/valeo-beltdriven-starteralternator-system-stars

guest3824

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 11:36:24 AM »
My dad has an Audi a1 diesel which has auto stop. The engine kicks back in once he takes his foot off the brake.

It can be turned off if desired on the Audi.

Jazz Hands

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2010 1.4 Si
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 05:07:53 PM »
because it sucks and puts extra wear on the engine and components, glad i got a 1.2 without it but i would like the 30 quid tax disc that is the only reason to have it

but think of all the daffodils you'll be saving, surely thats got to count for something

bigger picture dude :)

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 05:14:01 PM »
you don't actually believe this global warming crock lol

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 09:24:24 PM »
Stop-start on your motor just ain't gonna help when world population heading for 9 billion and no government seems to care - they find it easier to put taxes on everything and convince you it's helping save the planet than to tell people that if they don't stop having kids we are all going to be history soon - good planets are hard to find and we sure are screwing this one up big-time.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 03:26:55 PM »
Do all Jazzes now have stop/start?

guest4038

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 03:40:12 PM »
Do all Jazzes now have stop/start?
According to the brochure we were given on Wednesday last, only the Hybrid and the SE 1.2 have the Idle Stop.

eagle123

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: jazz 1.4 se gd series
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2013, 02:33:53 AM »
makes sense if all jazzes have them wonder why the 1.4 were excluded

guest4038

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 08:28:52 AM »
Agreed. The sales guy did say, when I asked about it, that it is now only fitted to the Hybrid so maybe the brochure is out of date. But we didn't want it anyway - easy enough to turn it off if you're going to be stationary for some time  ;)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 12:11:47 PM »
you don't actually believe this global warming crock lol

can anyone tell me when 'Global warming' became 'climate change' ? seems it was just gradually changed by press and scientists after late 90's (no big announcement) when it became obvious that climate in UK for example  had been getting colder for the previous 10 years - and has been getting colder ever since (daffodils only recently flowered by us, quite a bit later than expected and trees only just coming into leaf).  Another stealth tax in form of getting us to pay for our so-called 'carbon footprint' - wonder when this (worldwide) government scam will be exposed for what it is ? Price of the electricity we use has been tripled by this as well ( a Gigawatt hour of electricity costs about £70 to generate using coal, but because of all the green levies and the very (over) generous subsidies that we are paying for 'feed-in' tariffs to solar panel and wind power generators it now costs nearer £200 a Gigawatt hour).
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Tags:

anything