Author Topic: Dodgy Honda Repair Service?  (Read 2070 times)

guest3126

Dodgy Honda Repair Service?
« on: March 03, 2012, 11:36:55 AM »
HI I'm new to the forum and came here seeking advice.

I recently had a Air Bag warning light stay on, and went to our nearest main dealer who advised me that the electronic control card for the air bag system needed replacing at a mere £345 for the part plus labour taking it to just over £500. (okay I know some of you are saying fool  :o )

Anyway all was good until a couple of weeks later when I went to plug in my tom tom and the power socket wasn't working. I rang the dealer and he said check the fuses then bring it to them to look at if fuse okay.

Got around today to checking the fuse and it was fine. So feeling persistent today I decided to get some tools out and remove the socket. Low and behold the issue was that the rear plug had only been connected to one pin of the power socket. So this must have happened at the main dealers, but I wonder did they have to disconnect this to replace the airbag controller card? Or is something more suspicious afoot?

guest3040

• Topic Starter
Re: Dodgy Honda Repair Service?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 04:49:49 PM »
You have to remove the centre console (that surrounds the gear stick and hand brake) and then pull back the carpet to get to the airbag ECU.
I guess someone must have forgot to connect the socket back up properly when re-fitting it.

Tags: