Author Topic: Jerking/'Misfire' when pulling away @ 2000 rpm  (Read 22988 times)

guest2714

Jerking/'Misfire' when pulling away @ 2000 rpm
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:08:08 AM »
My 2006 1.4 CVT Jazz jerks (feels like misfire) when pulling away at around 2000 rpm. This starts when well warmed up. Has failed (ie cut out) on 2 ocassions after which engine warning light came on. Fault showed crankshaft position sensor intermittent - which was replaced. Fault still found. EGR valve then replaced. But fault still there.

This has now been investigated further by my local (independent) garage. I am told that the the adaptive memory has been reset. So far this now appears to have cured the problem.

guest2784

• Topic Starter
Re: Jerking/'Misfire' when pulling away @ 2000 rpm
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 03:32:11 PM »
i also face d simlar problem as u, mine is 2002 model i-Dsi with cvt tranmission.
what have u done on ur vehicle to resolve d problem???

guest2784

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 03:55:07 PM »
can anyone help me??
i have done
-gearbox replacement
-CKP sensor
-camshaft position sensor

guest2815

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 11:08:14 PM »
on my work sheet says

work order : misfire of engine

details of epairs :

replace 8 spark plugs

try different coils. misifre still there, no fault coils

test tps sensor : ok

test fuel injectors : ok

test fuel pump.

found egr valve not operating properly.

8 spark plugs $48
ege valve $225
petrol $10
labor $160

total $443

job done.

hope this help

deb

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 01:32:56 AM »
I have a 2006 jazz and have been having this same problem for about a year now .. the garage said it was a faulty battery to start with but 1 new battery later the problem was still there .. then they tried the egr valve but the problem still exists .. interesting to see that others have the same problem and that it can be cured .. Thank you  :)

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 07:25:50 PM »
deb

Have they replaced the EGR valve?

guest2983

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 06:55:56 AM »
monsterhunter is absoluty right.
in first step u can even clean and brush the spark plugs even if they looks good.

guest1555

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 01:42:49 PM »
Very much recommend getting all the 8 spark plugs checked or replaced as I had the same problem. The jerking continued even after the egr valve was replaced but once the car had 8 new plugs put in the problem disappeared. Many independant mechanics do not know that this car has 8 plugs rather than the normal 4! The back row often gets ignored when servicing takes place if the mechanic is not in the know.  ;)

guest1646

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 12:08:56 PM »
I can see that this topic has not been update for a while but since this is exactly the same problem I am currently facing, I think I should add to it before some points me to this nice link.

My Jazz has been jerking for around 6 months now and it didn't dissappear even after full servicing 2 months ago. I have since been using premium petrol more often and I am not sure it makes any difference.

During servicing, I knew they said they changed the plugs but as I am realising now, it is possible they only changed 4 and not all the 8 as some people are indicating here. I will contact the garage to find out and if they changed only 4, I will go and change the other 4 before spending some much on EGR value which may not be the problem.

The other hints I have to add are:
The car is hardly used : I use it only at weekends
The engine cuts off yesterday and started working OK later on but since I have AA and have not used them before, someone came and check saying the engine light that was on since the engine cut off indicates a crank shaft sensor issue.

Can a local garage replace the EGR value and sensor etc?

guest3040

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 03:45:08 PM »
The EGR valve / pathway may be blocked, rather than the EGR valve being faulty.
If you unbolt the EGR valve, you can look into the recess to see if you can spot a blockage.
You may damage the EGR gasket when removing the valve so it's worth purchasing a new one before pulling it apart.

Steve.

guest1646

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 10:11:41 AM »
Thanks,
I have no idea about this stuff at all.
Is there a garage in London someone can recommend that will not be as expensive as Honda? I am as well able to pay for someone to check the EGR path etc for me....overall as my pocket is very tight at the moment, I have to aim to reduce cost as much as possible with getting the issue sorted.

Thanks

Tags:

anything