Author Topic: Lowering a Jazz on coilovers  (Read 11144 times)

guest1817

Lowering a Jazz on coilovers
« on: July 07, 2011, 06:55:12 PM »
One for the younger members on here i expect.

All my knowledge is with Civics, So im new to the independant rear spring/shock combo of the Jazz.

Im looking to buy coilovers for my Jazz very soon, and im wondering if there is anything else i need to get.

Does lowering the car create lots of neg camber like other cars, or is the Jazz setup different, will i need other aftermarket parts, or can it be sorted cheaply?

Any ideas welcome, im feeling spongey, ready to soak it all up

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: Lowering a Jazz on coilovers
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 08:23:37 PM »
Your best advice will be found on the USA Fit site -  they go overboard on the cool  modded Fit

http://www.fitfreak.net/

there's section on GD and GE models

guest869

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 09:25:23 PM »
Lowering the rear will not change the camber due to the beam suspension.

I have read about camber compensation kits on Fitfreak and I think Eibach sell them.

I personally think that coil overs are a bit of a fashion thing. On a race car they have advantages in that they use "standard" springs which are easily available in many differnet lengths and rates, so the car can be optimised for different tracks.

The adjustable spring seat part is not used for lowering, different springs will do that. The adjustable spring seat is used to adjust the corner weights.

Plus a larger diameter spring will give better road car characteristics.

If you have a later Jazz buy Bilstiens. They are fantastic.

guest1817

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 09:31:34 PM »
i am a member of that FitFreaks, but its hard work on that site, it moves so fast and there are so many members posting all the time.

I want coilovers purely to lower my car, i just want it close to the ground, I dont drive it fast, i dont need it to handle like a race car, it just needs to be low.

A kit im looking at is Buddyclub stuff.

Ive also seen these, but im wondering if they are required, or if i can get cheaper alternatives

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330549247896&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Thanks for your help so far guys

guest1874

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 01:19:28 AM »
hey,

im currently running mine on standard shocks with eibach pro lowering springs and the car handles better and it gives u a nice meaningful lowered stance as well.... its perfect for a runaround like our jazzs

guest869

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 07:32:51 AM »
I agree about Fitfreaks. There is so much info on there it takes ages to go through the rubbish and find what you actually need.

Anything by Eibach is good so those camber bolts will work well.

If all you want is looks then just get some lowered springs. I have read many times that you require new dampers with lowered springs but.............

If all you want is looks and you do not remove the bumpstops then the suspension will be working in its normal range but with less bump travel and more droop travel. However be careful that your springs do not drop out on full droop.

If you do want performance then lowered springs are generally stiffer (otherwise you would be bottoming out the suspension all the time) so you should really have a stiffer damper to control the stiffer springs.

In my past we have cut a coil from springs to lower and then reprofiled the end to fit the spring seat. We have also put the oxy torch on springs to get an instant lowering but I would not recommend that!

guest3382

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 06:45:10 PM »
So what are you lowered on now?

guest1817

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2012, 10:14:41 PM »

Epic thread bump dude, I am now lowered on a set of Buddyclub coilovers, i found a set second hand while i was searching, so saved a bundle.

I have pictures in the gallery somewhere, there is still loads more room left on the coils to lower another inch or two, and i bet i could raise it higher than standard ride height if i wanted also.

They are also fairly close to the standard ride with regards to the comfort. i really am pleased with them.

guest3382

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 03:07:04 AM »
Haha too epic!
Good stuff will check the pics out

Tags:

anything