Author Topic: The Official Servicing Costs Discussion Topic  (Read 16510 times)

ajay

Re: The Official Servicing Costs Discussion Topic 2nd Service
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 01:23:08 PM »
My 25000 mile service on a 04 Jazz Cvt at Darlingtons Of Harlow, Essex Cost £325, this included spark plugs and tappet adjustment, but not brake fluid, transmission fluid or antifreeze changes.  I had noticed the auxiliary drive belt was starting to fray so had it changed as well, the belt was £29 and fitting £27. Darlingtons lent me a basic Jazz and were very efficient. I was not prepared to use a non Honda dealer for this particular service.

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: The Official Servicing Costs Discussion Topic
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 10:04:47 AM »
Beware service schedules that say 'check' instead of 'replace',  my mate is a mechanic with his own business and when I told him about finding dirty air filters and other stuff after a service he said 'if in the mechanics opinion the air filter is 'servicable' then it will not be replaced'.  I wonder how much other stuff is left to the mechanics opinion, after all they have a vested interest in making a good profit of services.  And how the hell can you check an oil filter?
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest170

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 06:51:50 PM »
Rang my local dealer for a price for a 25000 mile service and was quoted £265.00.
Told the guy i was supplying my own oil and didn't need plugs as I had fit them myself.
He now quotes me £125.00 but asks did  I purchase  the plugs from them, which i replied no, he now says he can't stamp my book for the big service as I didn't buy the plugs from them, so I replied no problem.
I intend keeping the car for a few years so am not bothered.
My car is 3 years old this month so won't be going back to a dealer for service.
I think it is disgusting the prices they charge, £140.00 for 4lts of oil, 8 plugs and to fit them...I DON'T THINK SO!

Rant over!

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 07:57:41 AM »
At £50+ an hour for main dealer 'labour' (this includes your cup of coffee, the receptionists nice smile, and cleaning the car) it doesn't take long to rack up the high cost of a main dealer service or repair - the parts are the cheapest bit.  They always blackmail you with the 'main dealer service book stamp' - especially during warranty period.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

bill888

• Approved Member
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 02:15:11 PM »
A friend the other day told me they had their 3 year old 06 CVT serviced last month.

£200 by Darlingtons, Harlow.  Oil, filter change.  Price included brake fluid transfusion which was due at this age.

Spark plugs were not changed as mileage is just under 20k miles.

CVT oil didn't need to be changed as the car was factory filled with the newer spec CVT gearbox oil.

They said they also got a quote from Browns in Loughton for same work.  £240+

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 02:19:44 PM by bill888 »
2007(57) Jazz 1.4SE CVT-7 (GE3 - made in China)

guest939

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2009, 05:41:35 PM »
Had our 03 1.4 Jazz serviced last month by Stratstone in Leeds for the 6th time (although first 2 services were by Dixon's before went bust & Stratstone took over).

Paid £399 plan for 3 services twice, hence paid £798 for 6 yearly services which averages £133/service. Don't think thats too bad considering.

Bought the same service plan for the Civic diesel although that's needed servicing every 6 months so far due to mileage done 26k in 15 mths  :-[ (12.5k between services).

Rallyman

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 07:26:52 PM »
Collins charged £267.25 for a 2nd year service. The car has covered just over 22,000miles and of course no tappet adjustment was required as this is a 07 car which requires the change at 62.5k.

The price included VAT and loan car charge at just under £5 (although I think the cancel that charge if you purchased your car from there). I supplied a small amount of oil left over from last time (about a litre or so) which they supplied the remainder.

bill888

• Approved Member
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 07:42:52 AM »
Collins charged £267.25 for a 2nd year service. The car has covered just over 22,000miles

Did the cost include changing the spark plugs (ahead of 25k) ?

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 09:00:11 PM »
/\ Yes.

guest1124

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2009, 06:32:34 PM »
i paid £540 for the five year service plan which also includes the first 2 mot,s. pretty good when 2 mot,s will cost nearly £100

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2009, 03:43:07 PM »
i paid £540 for the five year service plan which also includes the first 2 mot,s. pretty good when 2 mot,s will cost nearly £100

The Honda plan doesn't cover MOT's - did the dealer include them?

I'm always suspicious of dealer MOT's anyway - they're a good way of generating extra work for the dealer.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 07:57:57 AM »
I stopped taking my car to our local (Telford) Honda dealer for MOT's because 'there was always some work to be done' and they always had a quote for the 'work required' neatly printed out when I went to get the car, one time they noted on their advisory sheet that the washer bottle was nearly empty when it was 2/3 full! (weird, as there is a dipstick on a Jazz bottle to check it).

I drive further and take our cars to Shrewsbury dealer, either their workshop is already busy or they don't seem to need the work so much. 

Take your car to a dedicated MOT place without a workshop and you will be surprised how much work they DON'T find that needs doing. I have even seen one van driving around our area with 'we only do MOT's - we are not a work creation company' or something similar on the back.

bill888

• Approved Member
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 10:27:39 AM »
I had my low 4,160 miles 57 plate Jazz serviced by Brayley Honda (Grays, Essex) for its 2nd year service.  Due to the absurdly low mileage, they offered and completed the 2nd year 25k Reduced Service for £80 while I waited.

Looking on the service scheduule checklist, they ticked every box except for the pollen filter which they advised previously they were not going to replace given the car's low mileage.

They stamped the service log book and wrote in 'Reduced minus Pollen filter'.

I dropped my car off late in the morning with them and requested they didn't valet the car, and this shaved the waiting time to 1.5 hours from 2 hours.  Grays town centre and Morrisons supermarket are within short walking distance to help pass the time.

I could be mistaken, but my understanding of the definition of a 'Reduced service' is the fact that the spark plugs and air filter were not changed - these are normally changed at 25k miles.

JCB Honda (Ashford, Kent, formerly Drake & Fletcher) quoted £195 for a Reduced service.

It's a shame Honda never offered the £500 for 5 years servicing on the original Jazz, but at least some dealers are prepared to cater for uber low mileage users like myself.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 07:48:29 AM by bill888 »

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2010, 09:46:04 PM »
Please use the following topics for sharing prices on Jazz services:

http://clubjazz.org/forum/jazz-gd-2002-2008/jazz-gd-service-costs/
http://clubjazz.org/forum/jazz-ge-2009/jazz-ge-service-costs/

But you can continue posting here to 'discuss' your services or start a new topic...whatever you feel like. :)

Tags:

anything