Author Topic: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?  (Read 206099 times)

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: What MPG are you getting from your Mk1 Honda Jazz ?
« Reply #570 on: April 29, 2021, 02:48:57 PM »
Had to refill my tank again this morning. That is 6 top-ups this month with a total of 38.9 gallons (177 litres).
This tankful returned 59.2 mpg and the last 10 top-ups, as calculated by Fuelly, works out at 53.9 mpg.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #571 on: April 30, 2021, 11:52:51 AM »
Hope your need to do this high mileage ceases soon Jocko. We are talking a lot of money here.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #572 on: April 30, 2021, 06:04:23 PM »
We hope so too.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #573 on: May 04, 2021, 04:52:31 PM »
Had to add another tankful today. I am just glad I am getting 59.3 mpg at the moment. If I still had my Volvo S40, returning 29.8 mpg, things would be a lot more costly.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #574 on: May 08, 2021, 06:49:02 PM »
Had to fill my tank again. This is ridiculous. Refilling the tank every four days!

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #575 on: May 19, 2021, 11:53:11 AM »
My average for the last 3 months is now 47 mpg (UK) pretty good for me. I have no idea what's changed.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #576 on: May 19, 2021, 04:33:26 PM »
My average for the last 3 months is now 47 mpg (UK) pretty good for me. I have no idea what's changed.

Not strictly to do with this topic but I notice you use Fuelly. I do as well but it has stopped automatically updating my mpg on my profile page. I've tried deleting and then putting the link back in but to no avail.

Does yours still update your mpg on here automatically?

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #577 on: May 19, 2021, 05:00:19 PM »
Since Mum's death, our mileage has reduced to 300-400 per week. It will probably jump back up after the funeral, once we start working in the house, we should drop to about 10-15 miles a week once we are all settled. I'll miss the driving something terrible.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #578 on: May 19, 2021, 05:23:51 PM »
Since Mum's death, our mileage has reduced to 300-400 per week. It will probably jump back up after the funeral, once we start working in the house, we should drop to about 10-15 miles a week once we are all settled. I'll miss the driving something terrible.
Very sorry to hear of your sad loss Jocko. Thoughts are with you.

To get your mileage up, get back in the habit of going for a drive just for the sake of it. I do, at least once a week or so. Sometimes, in silence, sometimes enjoying an CD or the radio. Something I've done ever since I've had a licence, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #579 on: May 19, 2021, 06:27:27 PM »
To get your mileage up, get back in the habit of going for a drive just for the sake of it. I do, at least once a week or so. Sometimes, in silence, sometimes enjoying an CD or the radio. Something I've done ever since I've had a licence, and don't plan on stopping anytime soon!
Thanks. That is what I liked about the bike. I love going for a drive but feel it is an expensive waste going myself. If my wife wants to go with me then great, but she tends not to want to. She will retire when we make the move so perhaps she will feel more like going for a run. Maybe if I promise her a coffee or an ice cream she may go. Otherwise, I will just have to get another bike!

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #580 on: May 19, 2021, 07:08:59 PM »
Thanks. That is what I liked about the bike. I love going for a drive but feel it is an expensive waste going myself. If my wife wants to go with me then great, but she tends not to want to. She will retire when we make the move so perhaps she will feel more like going for a run. Maybe if I promise her a coffee or an ice cream she may go. Otherwise, I will just have to get another bike!
Yeah, a bike is pure indulgence to be fair. I have a bunch of routes from the door, that are roughly 60 to 80 mile loops. Great biking roads.  8)

I do them in the Jazz sometimes. It's nice to have the radio on, or an album on my MP3 player and just go. Might be a couple of gallons of fuel gone, but hey, you can't take it with you and the Jazz is really econimical.

Mrs W and me have always enjoyed trips out in the car. Sometimes, we do just go for a drive together, just to go for a drive together. No purpose, take it in turns. Enjoy it while we can, because road pricing and EV range anxiety are on the horizon to take the fun out of it all.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #581 on: May 19, 2021, 07:33:00 PM »
One evening I went out on the bike for a 60-mile run, and never got further from my garage than 5 miles. I was up and down every lane and farm road in the vicinity. Great fun. My wife was a biker chick but not with me. My bike was sold long before we met.

springswood

• Bob the Jazz
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Mk1 Jazz GE3 1.4 Sport 2008
« Reply #582 on: May 20, 2021, 08:22:15 AM »

Not strictly to do with this topic but I notice you use Fuelly. I do as well but it has stopped automatically updating my mpg on my profile page. I've tried deleting and then putting the link back in but to no avail.

Does yours still update your mpg on here automatically?

Yes, it seems to be working.
"Indecision is a terrible thing"
Or is it? What do you think?

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #583 on: May 20, 2021, 10:24:53 AM »

Sorry for your loss Jocko. It's been a difficult time for you of late.

Just on driving, I still enjoy it as well- it's not just a utilitarian thing for me. I often go the long way round to the shops!

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #584 on: May 26, 2021, 12:08:03 PM »
Thanks.

My mpg is not quite up to scratch at the moment but I think it is down to the cold wet weather. Usually, I get good mileage in May. This morning. top up returned 57.8 mpg, which for the type of driving I am doing is not the best.
My average for the last 10 fill-ups is only 56.5 mpg but at least I have only had to fill the tank three times this month, which makes a pleasant change.

Tags:

anything