Author Topic: My 2005 1.5 litre Honda jazz is experiencing shutters/vibrations  (Read 686 times)

Matuke

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda jazz 1.5 litre 2005
Hey guys and girls, apologies for the formatting, this is my first time posting!
I'm experiencing shutters/vibrations when driving my 2005 1.5 litre Honda jazz.
The shuttering only occurs for a few seconds before "pushing through" and then the shutter/vibration stops. This occurs when taking off from the lights, especially when going up hill.
Through my research it seems that it is probably either the transmission or a damaged driveshaft causing the issue
Id really appreciate the opinion of other jazz owners, especially from anyone who's experienced the same issues
Thanks in advanced! Happy to answer any questions and upload pictures/videos if needed

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
Re: My 2005 1.5 litre Honda jazz is experiencing shutters/vibrations
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2022, 08:37:30 AM »
Could be an engine mounting.

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2022, 09:51:58 AM »
Would you mind confirming your Jazz model, the 1.5 engine only in Fit - Japanese models, manual or CVT gbox, last time engine gbox oil changed,finally when last serviced. These details will help the forum to respond.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2022, 10:02:00 AM »
The 1.5 engine is fitted to models sold in Australia.. But not available in UK til recently.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2022, 01:52:40 PM »
Try reversing the car with the steering on full lock, both to the left and right. It  may help with diagnosis such as revealing clunking due to worn driveshaft joints.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Tags:

anything