Author Topic: Rear door hinges stiff..  (Read 980 times)

Toptek

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
Rear door hinges stiff..
« on: May 16, 2021, 05:01:07 PM »
I've noticed that the rear doors need to be shut with a firm push as if the hinges are dry. It's not a big issue, other than we have to make sure we close them securely, I sprayed them with PTFE spray which hasn't done much, nor cleaning and applying some grease to the black bar. Decided to wipe it clean and they are still reluctant to swing shut; anyone else have this issue?

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
Re: Rear door hinges stiff..
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 05:36:09 PM »
I would spray liberally and repeatedly with 3 in 1 spray oil. Then work the hinge, open and close many times over to work the oil in. Should do the trick.  :D

https://www.wilko.com/3-in-one-200ml-original-multi-purpose-oil-spray/p/0242762?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvsO35tDO8AIVxojVCh1qsQEAEAQYBCABEgIFgvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I had a squeaky hinge on the boot of my Jazz. Took many days and applications for the squeak to disappear and the oil to get to where it was needed. 

Toptek

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 Jazz EX NAVI CVT
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 06:43:48 PM »
Thanks, will give it a go.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 09:10:16 PM »
It was Jocko on this forum that recommended 3 in 1 oil. I must say, I am impressed with the stuff, a good purchase.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2021, 09:10:18 AM »
It was Jocko on this forum that recommended 3 in 1 oil. I must say, I am impressed with the stuff, a good purchase.

3inOne advanced lubricant with PTFE    https://www.3inone.com/products/ptfe-lube/

3inOne Owned by WD-40 company,  but luckily they didn't bring the stuff down to the level of WD... phew
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2021, 11:13:05 AM »
Old joke:

What's the difference between WD40 and lacquer?

About three weeks.

WD40 is not designed as a lubricant.

Tags: