Author Topic: Swapping from CVT to MT? Read this (ECU Related)  (Read 487 times)

pynoxim

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.5 VTEC MT
Swapping from CVT to MT? Read this (ECU Related)
« on: May 16, 2021, 09:44:24 AM »
Hey,

If anyone is swapping their CVT out for a 5MT and was wondering how things would work for the ECU or you don't feel like having to recode your immobiliser etc. have a look here.

Firstly, you need to have a good idea of how to solder things, if you're not confident with soldering, ask a friend who is or practice on an old piece of electrical equipment. Also, use flux, it is your saviour when it comes to electronics.

Basically, if you try to use the CVT ECU on an MT car, you should get a few errors (And a nasty 4000rpm limiter due to limp mode) from the ECU basically saying "Where my CVT at?", however to bypass this you just need to fool the ECU into thinking the components it's looking for are there.

Now, I did this a long time ago so forgive me for not exactly knowing which 3 components they are but this worked for me (Twice) and it should work perfectly fine for you.

You'll need resistors between 3.8 Ohm and 6.8 Ohm and that's what specified in this link http://hondafitjazz.com/manual/A00/HTML/02/SAA2E02E15117722252FEAT10.HTML

NB : The two blue ones in series are because I ran out of green ones

Then, solder them to these pins as indicated by my picture below :

This should get your ECU thinking that everything is okay and that should also get rid of the 4000RPM limp mode limiter.

I hope this helps someone, if it's been posted already well, I do apologize but I thought I'd put this here before I forgot and as a reference to myself in future.

Tags:

anything