Author Topic: what is this pipe?  (Read 1184 times)

fatlad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
what is this pipe?
« on: May 15, 2021, 11:10:45 PM »
hi all
can my fellow jazz-heads tell me what this silver coloured backward L shaped pipe is for please?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 09:09:12 AM by fatlad »
'deny everything Baldrick'

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
Re: what is this pipe?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 04:10:10 PM »
The AC pipes run down the right hand side of the engine and can be identified by each one having a pale blue cap on the testing connection points. I don't know what the one in the picture is but it is close to the engine inlet system so may be part of that.

Vic

JimSh

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2014 Honda Jazz ES Plus
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2021, 04:25:39 PM »
Is it one of these?
 Honda Jazz aircon top pipe

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 04:33:02 PM »
The AC pipes run down the right hand side of the engine and can be identified by each one having a pale blue cap on the testing connection points. I don't know what the one in the picture is but it is close to the engine inlet system so may be part of that.

Vic

The pipe in photo will be low pressure refrigerant going to or coming from the 'cold end' heat exchanger inside the car, getting gas back to compressor, where it will be compressed and pumped through 'hot end' condenser radiator behind car grille. There is a similar sized metal pipe on wifes MK2 jazz going along firewall to roughly same place, but hidden behind engine.  As said before,  run the aircon and feel pipe temperature.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 05:44:34 PM »
hi all
can my fellow jazz-heads tell me what this silver coloured backward L shaped pipe is for please?
Blimey, the engine bay on your car looks clean!  :D

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 05:55:15 PM »
hi all

I was thinking that, could eat my dinner off of that I reckon!

fatlad

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2021, 06:20:03 PM »
hi all

ha unfortunately its just a photo from google....my hose (like the one in the photo) is all pitted & tarnished and so i was thinking of touching up with hammerite or metalic chiminea paint......
but dont want to disturb anything..

:)
'deny everything Baldrick'

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2021, 06:46:35 PM »
My FIAT 126 engine bay was immaculate. I spent more time keeping it clean than the rest of the car. This photo isn't of mine but the same configuration and a similar standard.

Then one evening I was heading out of town when I noticed something on the rear screen. I stopped, and when I went to look I discovered the oil filler car, which was similar to a radiator cap, had failed and the top had disappeared.
What I saw on the rear screen was fine engine oil. I could have cried.
It took about 3 months to get it back to the state it had been in but I was never happy. It had been sullied!

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2021, 09:06:48 PM »
My FIAT 126 engine bay was immaculate. I spent more time keeping it clean than the rest of the car. This photo isn't of mine but the same configuration and a similar standard.

Then one evening I was heading out of town when I noticed something on the rear screen. I stopped, and when I went to look I discovered the oil filler car, which was similar to a radiator cap, had failed and the top had disappeared.
What I saw on the rear screen was fine engine oil. I could have cried.
It took about 3 months to get it back to the state it had been in but I was never happy. It had been sullied!
Mate, you must have been gutted. And probably quite angry!

My Uncle had a Fiat 126 for years. I had a drive in it once, being a fan of the weird and wonderful, and really enjoyed it. Had the choke lever between the front seat IIRC. Brilliant stuff. Mind, being a big bloke, I found it to be a very narrow car. Handled surprisingly well from memory and had direct steering.

They call them the 'Polish Porsche', on account of being rear engined and made in Poland. Also because in the early post communism years, they were the one of the few cars the Polish could afford.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2021, 10:23:56 PM »
It was a brilliant car to drive and mine had the  Dunlop Denovo, wide wheels, with low profile (for that era) run-flat tyres. The tyres needed to be replaced every 10,000 miles but they stuck like glue. My 126 was a 1975 Italian made car.
The choke and starter were like two "trim levers" ahead of the handbrake. The heater control was a handle on the "tunnel", just ahead of the back seat.

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2021, 11:14:26 AM »
It was a brilliant car to drive and mine had the  Dunlop Denovo, wide wheels, with low profile (for that era) run-flat tyres. The tyres needed to be replaced every 10,000 miles but they stuck like glue. My 126 was a 1975 Italian made car.
The choke and starter were like two "trim levers" ahead of the handbrake. The heater control was a handle on the "tunnel", just ahead of the back seat.

I had the dubious honour of driving one of those up the M3 from Farnborough and up to Richmond where I was working at the time......it was a dark green colour......also had a Fiat Tipo and a Strada.....my mate had a lime green Lancia Delta.

Tags:

anything