Author Topic: 50k  (Read 1191 times)

Steve1962

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 ES Manual
« on: May 11, 2021, 06:32:45 PM »
........my Jazz (61 plate 1.4 ES) has just clocked up 50k miles........I've done 15k in it and it's definitely the best car I've ever owned.
It's not fast, it's not a good looking car, it's just no frills reliable does exactly what it says on the tin driving, and I love it.
The only money spent on it apart from servicing has been a new wash nozzle for the windscreen washer, and a spare wheel with brand new tyre as the car didn't have one when I got it.
I have treated it to new LED lightbulbs from classiccarleds.co.uk which have made a huge difference.

It's so easy to drive, utterly reliable and the load capacity is brilliant...........I really don't care what other people think about the Jazz, it's just such a common sense car and I suppose that's why so many have been sold.

Steve

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
Re: 50k
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 07:15:27 PM »
Well said sir, it is indeed a fine little motor. I don’t think they are bad looking cars, I quite like the styling overall. Performance wise, well they’re never going to be worrying the young Barry boys around town, but who cares. There’s a guy who seems to commute at the same time as me in the morning who has an Audi rs3, seems to enjoy gunning past me every morning… but is he achieving stellar mpg?! Doubt it!

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 08:29:49 AM »
Agreed, brilliant little cars. We've had ours for 10 months and have covered 11k miles bringing it up to 94k. Not missed a beat and 50+mpg. It even fits a 6ft 4 teenager in the rear! Excellent.

I would say it's all the car you ever need, albeit not an object of desire.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2021, 10:44:10 AM »
I've had 4 - can't see myself getting anything else at present.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2021, 11:51:08 AM »
I've done 145k in my ex-demo 58-plate MK2 EX which I've had since March 2009. It would have done at least another 10-15k if we hadn't had the virus. The engine is still good but has lost a bit of the low rev grunt it had when new.

It's needed relatively little beyond the standard service items and consumables (tyres, light bulbs, brake pads, wipers). One of the plates underneath needed replacing and another may be loose.

The aircon packed in about 5 years ago and wasn't worth the cost of replacing.

It's got the sort of nicks and scratches you'd expect on a 12˝ year old car.

However I'm now at the point where I'm seriously considering the Mk4.

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2021, 02:34:33 PM »
I've done 145k in my ex-demo 58-plate MK2 EX which I've had since March 2009.
The Jazz has really looked after you there. Excellent.

After 12yrs you must be keen to change. The longest I ran a car was my MK1 Octi, and after 12yrs the change was most welcomed. Still miss the car though. They become faithful friends after that time period.  :D

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2021, 02:36:32 PM »
I switched to Japanese cars in the late 1990s, and keep them a minimum of 10 years, I do my own servicing and  have never had any dramas in contrast to friends neighbours and workmates who all had issues with their new Mercedes and Audi cars, some of their issues were problems with the durabilty of parts (Mercedes),   inherent faults in the transmission and water leaks which damaged electrical parts the ECU,  (Audi), and inabilty of dealerships to diagnose fairly easy faults on a car, (Mercedes).
 Japanese cars being so reliable and long-lasting means I can afford to run  two cars for less than a single European car. One of my workmates had  many costly issues with his out of warranty Ford Fiesta Ecoboost car , eventually the penny dropped , he gave up on Ford and bought a Kia, another brand which is near the top for reliability

swhull

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Si 1.4 i-vtec
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2021, 06:48:38 PM »
One of my workmates had  many costly issues with his out of warranty Ford Fiesta Ecoboost car , eventually the penny dropped , he gave up on Ford and bought a Kia, another brand which is near the top for reliability

Apparently a lot of  used car dealers won’t go near these 1ltr turbo engines as they are more trouble than they’re worth. I was considering a fiesta or focus eco boost at one time, but read a few horror stories that put me off.

Westy36

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2021, 08:49:08 AM »
The early 1.0 Ecoboost in the Focus was a real problem. Ford got it wrong and were slow to act, like most manufacturers are. The later ones are fine, and the Fiesta doesn't seem to have the problems.

That said though, I wouldn't be brave enough to buy one on the basis of potential resale problems given their reputation. A safer Focus bet would be manual versions of either the 1.6 petrol of 1.6 TDCi. Both are good units with a good reliability track record. Not as good as Honda's though!  :D

fatlad

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2013 1.4 se
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2021, 09:42:03 PM »
I've had 4 - can't see myself getting anything else at present.

just bought my 4th too peteo48 - im beJAZZled by 'em!!!
'deny everything Baldrick'

Tags: