Author Topic: Thank you and goodnight  (Read 1748 times)

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Thank you and goodnight
« on: May 08, 2021, 06:54:30 AM »
Hi All
After 10 years of Jazz Hybrid ownership and covering nearly 400,000 miles I have gone rogue !
I have retired from being a driving instructor, traded in the Jazz and bought a Volkswagen T-Roc Cabriolet R.
I just wanted to say thank you for the advice, jokes and banter over the years. I will pop back time to time to make sure you are all behaving. Meanwhile stay safe and keep it shiny side up.
Thanks again, Oz
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 06:57:17 AM by Ozzie »

Ozzie

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Thank you and goodnight
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 06:58:36 AM »
It is parked straight honest !

richardfrost

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Black 2005 1.4 SE RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2021, 07:51:41 AM »
Wow, that looks lovely. A proper colour too rather than some flavour of grey. I’m sure you will enjoy your retirement more with a car like that on a lovely sunny day with the lid down.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2021, 09:14:10 AM »
All the very best for your retirement and your future. Good luck.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 10:20:47 AM »
Thanks for your input - I enjoyed it and found it useful.
Enjoy retirement.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 11:26:43 AM »
Enjoy your new car and the free time to use it!  :D

michaelC

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz mk2 2013
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 03:48:27 PM »
Congratulations on your retirement, and what a great present to yourself! Enjoy!

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 07:48:50 PM »
Good luck Ossie, enjoy your retirement, in the early days you will wonder how you found time to go to work.

Vic.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2021, 09:02:57 PM »
in the early days you will wonder how you found time to go to work.
What do you mean, "in the early days"? I still don't know how I had time to work. I could still do with a few more hours a day.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2021, 10:20:10 PM »
Let's hope the new wheels don't disappoint in terms of reliability. Your Honda Jazzes have set a fairly high standard.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

E27006

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2021, 07:30:27 AM »
A friend with a (very) senior position in the car industry ordered an investigation into new car warranty claims. His advice to me,  Honda and Toyota do not make unreliable cars. As for VW, the warranty claims per 1000 cars were similar to a mainstream  French brand, but the French brand had a better rate if first time fixes for technical issues. the reliability of Honda and Toyota is honed for the demanding  USA consumer market, where price and reliability are paramount, their consumer protection laws and class actions against car makers are truly feared by the car makers.
Note how the volume European car makers have abandoned the USA,  falling flat on their faces when they attempt to operate in the USA. Hyundai is the next threat to the European car maker.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2021, 09:24:29 AM »
A friend with a (very) senior position in the car industry ordered an investigation into new car warranty claims. His advice to me,  Honda and Toyota do not make unreliable cars. As for VW, the warranty claims per 1000 cars were similar to a mainstream  French brand, but the French brand had a better rate if first time fixes for technical issues. the reliability of Honda and Toyota is honed for the demanding  USA consumer market, where price and reliability are paramount, their consumer protection laws and class actions against car makers are truly feared by the car makers.
Note how the volume European car makers have abandoned the USA,  falling flat on their faces when they attempt to operate in the USA. Hyundai is the next threat to the European car maker.

I have seen German cars and bikes described as 'fragile' if not serviced exactly to manufacturers schedule.  As far as reliability is concerned Germans are living on past reputation.  The shocking thing is with cars is there seems to be a inverse correlation between cost and reliability.  Expensive to buy and expensive to maintain  just about covers it.  Several of my family ventured into German cars ( well Skoda, which are supposed to be the best German car LOL ) and after a short time were back in Japanese cars.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2021, 09:28:04 AM »
Good luck Ossie, enjoy your retirement, in the early days you will wonder how you found time to go to work.

Vic.

In the early days you will feel like a someone playing truant and catch yourself thinking ' I should be at work'  - later you will fill your time and wonder how you found time to go to work....  ;D
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2021, 09:57:36 AM »
Fill your empty days with beekeeping.
It is fun and profitable. 8)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2021, 11:19:36 AM »
Thanks for your input and enjoy your retirement and new car. :)

Tags: