Author Topic: Leg room  (Read 3135 times)

edam

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 1.3 SE CVT
Leg room
« on: May 06, 2021, 04:08:45 PM »
 I am surprised how much leg room there is in the Mk4 compared to the Mk3. Im over 6 foot and I can nearly straighten out my left leg. This is important as I have been getting knee pain driving the Mk3.
Is this because of the longer wheelbase?
Also it is easier to get in and out as well.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 05:29:04 PM by edam »

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
Re: Leg room
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 07:01:31 PM »
I am surprised how much leg room there is in the Mk4 compared to the Mk3. Im over 6 foot and I can nearly straighten out my left leg. This is important as I have been getting knee pain driving the Mk3.
Also it is easier to get in and out as well.
I think they've pinched some space from the boot, it's not as deep as it was on my Mk 2 but there's definitely more legroom in the back

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 08:30:43 PM »
The Mk 3 also had very generous rear seat legroom. It was an advertised feature "better than a Mercedes .... ". I think the reality was that the designers decided that it should be possible to fold the rear seats without removing the headrests. Perhaps, in the Mk 4 they've put a bit more travel on the front seats so that front seat passengers can share the generous legroom.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 08:40:29 PM »
The Mk 3 also had very generous rear seat legroom. It was an advertised feature "better than a Mercedes .... ". I think the reality was that the designers decided that it should be possible to fold the rear seats without removing the headrests. Perhaps, in the Mk 4 they've put a bit more travel on the front seats so that front seat passengers can share the generous legroom.

Depends whether people want extra legroom or boot space.  The boot on 2002 to 2008 Jazz was bigger than following Jazz models and IMHO had enough rear legroom.   When we tried to get stuff we used to get into MK1 boot ( with the cover still over it )  into MK2 boot it would not go in. The changing of the roller blind cover to the hard cover was also a backward step,  the roller cover would reduce to a small size - allowing it to be carried easily, and you could overfill the boot,  the hard cover does not get any smaller so is always taking up space when carrying stuff, and normally gets left at home when and extra bit of room is needed in boot.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 09:16:42 PM »
With my knee problem its painful to drive my MK3 CVT but being able to keep my leg straight does stop the pain

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2021, 08:53:43 AM »
MK4 cabin is very similar to the MK3, distance from the brake pedal and the rear backrest is still 211cm and also the boot lenght is moreorless the same (2 cm less for the MK4, 65 vs 67cm). MK4 wheelbase is 1cm shorter due to suspension geometry, but thanks to thicker bumpers MK4 Crosstar is 9cm longer.
The bigger difference comes from the front seats position, 5cm rearwards, so driver and front passenger can have more legroom, but rear passengers will have less.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 10:02:25 AM by jazzaro »

edam

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2021, 11:13:40 AM »
With the drivers seat as back as far as it would go can the magic seats still fold down flat?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2021, 03:38:34 PM »
With the drivers seat as back as far as it would go can the magic seats still fold down flat?
I haven't tested this situation but I'm sure that the answer is yes as there's a noticeable gap between the folded rear seats and the back of my drivers seat (which might be half way back). That's how I can get a full-sized by into the car - when the bike is on its side part of the front wheel drops into that gap.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2021, 11:35:08 PM »
I am surprised how much leg room there is in the Mk4 compared to the Mk3.
-/-

I don't think this can be right, the wheelbase of the Mk3 is 2530mm. and the wheelbase of the Mk4 models is 2517 mm.
More legroom in the front can of course be caused by different positioning, shape or adjustment options of the front seats or even the design of the car floor.
If nothing goes right, go left!

jazzaro

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: GK3 Jazz 1.3 6m Elegance Navi grey.
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 12:39:37 PM »
Numbers say the MK3 rear legroom is higher than the MK4, maybe due to the battery.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2021, 03:58:50 PM »
I would suggest: Take a seat and check it out in real life!  :D

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2021, 05:38:04 PM »
I will buy it online  :P

Buying online, okay, fine. But you're not going to buy a car without ever driving it or even sitting in it before you buy, right?

:o

Have you ever seen one in real life?

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2021, 04:25:12 AM »
I now always get a test drive.......

I bought a Citroen C5 blind after having had 3 Xantias. Loved the Xantias but the C5 had electronic suspension instead of hydro pneumatic and they failed to replicate the magic carpet ride. The rear end was rock hard and the boot floor was a wobble board over less than perfect roads, needed something heavy to hold it down.

I then stupidly did the same,  changing from a Lexus IS200 to a 07 Civic iShift. I believed the brochure about the iShift being an automatic and I knew within half a mile of collecting it I'd made a huge mistake.

When I took out the Jazz I was expecting some downsizing compromise from my larger 9G Civic but I was very pleasantly surprised. It behaves like a larger car. Yes there was some infrequent engine noise under brisk acceleration but not for long and nowhere near as noisy as a conventional CVT.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 04:32:42 AM by Kremmen »
Let's be careful out there !

Jeff15

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Very good
  • My Honda: 2022 Jazz EX Midnight Blue
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2021, 08:24:07 AM »
For the size of the vehicle the space inside is amazing, one of the things that was at first a worry was the CVT gearbox but they seem to have sorted CVT problems out now. I am very pleased with my Jazz.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2021, 09:28:32 AM »
MK4 doesn't have a CVT gearbox.

Tags:

anything