Author Topic: Enjoyment of driving the Mk4 Jazz  (Read 14684 times)

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
Re: Enjoyment of driving the Mk4 Jazz
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2021, 08:41:50 AM »
AFAIK all flavours of European Mk. 4 Jazzes are made in Japan. One of the reasons giving for closing Honda's Swindon factory is because the production of electric + hybrid vehicles is being concentrated in Japan.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

tennisl

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2021, 02:54:49 PM »
I had my test drive earlier today. Overall I am quite impressed with Crosstar, very good visibility, car handled very well on the road. I wish it could have been softer on the road. I also noticed when you floor the gas pedal the car accelerate with some delay. 

Can anyone suggest if it worth to take extra 2 years extended manufacturer warranty and 5 years service plan?   

thanks

Downsizer

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz 1.3 SE cvt - Feb '16 - Blue
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2021, 03:07:39 PM »
Can anyone suggest if it worth to take extra 2 years extended manufacturer warranty and 5 years service plan?   

thanks
I bought the 5 year service deal on my two Jazz’s and thought they were good value (£550 for the Mk 3, bought 5 years ago). I didn't buy the extended warranty for either car. Roadside assistance continued as a result of the dealer service.

guest4871

« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2021, 03:15:21 PM »

thanks
I bought the 5 year service deal on my two Jazz’s and thought they were good value (£550 for the Mk 3, bought 5 years ago). I didn't buy the extended warranty for either car. Roadside assistance continued as a result of the dealer service.

+1

Expatman

• Approved Member
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2021, 03:43:57 PM »
I had my test drive earlier today. Overall I am quite impressed with Crosstar, very good visibility, car handled very well on the road. I wish it could have been softer on the road. I also noticed when you floor the gas pedal the car accelerate with some delay. 

thanks
Interested in your comment about wishing it was softer on the road. Did you find ride particularly hard and bumpy over pot holes etc and how does it compare to your current car - what is your current car? Reviews I've read are contradictory on ride quality, some say Crosstar is a composed smooth ride, others say it's quite harsh!

tennisl

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2021, 06:39:33 PM »

Thanks for sharing your experience

Interested in your comment about wishing it was softer on the road. Did you find ride particularly hard and bumpy over pot holes etc and how does it compare to your current car - what is your current car? Reviews I've read are contradictory on ride quality, some say Crosstar is a composed smooth ride, others say it's quite harsh!

Road was hard with small potholes, i felt like it was less smooth compare to my Skoda Fabia. Nevertheless I ordered my Crosstar today. Estimation delivery in mid June.   
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 06:43:46 PM by tennisl »

Bristol_Crosstar

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance Sport
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2021, 10:00:01 PM »

Thanks for sharing your experience

Road was hard with small potholes, i felt like it was less smooth compare to my Skoda Fabia. Nevertheless I ordered my Crosstar today. Estimation delivery in mid June.

The Crosstar is my 3rd Jazz and by far the softest ride, couldn't call it harsh by any means whereas the first one was a bit of a boneshaker.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 09:16:01 AM by Bristol_Crosstar »

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2021, 10:41:21 PM »
I also noticed when you floor the gas pedal the car accelerate with some delay. 
That's not normal! In my experience, flooring the accelerator, at least a low or medium speed (up to 40mph) resulted in the vehicle taking off like the proverbial cat. In fact, I've only done it once, early on in my Crosstar ownership, when I wanted to overtake a tractor. The accelerator took me by surprise. Honda's hybrid system lets the battery provide a brief blast of power while the engine gets up to the appropriate speed to become the main power source. It's possible that you encountered a situation when this process didn't work properly. Very low battery charge is one possibility while if the engine was still cold then it could be less responsive.

Kenneve

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #68 on: May 22, 2021, 08:21:03 AM »
I also noticed when you floor the gas pedal the car accelerate with some delay. 
That's not normal! In my experience, flooring the accelerator, at least a low or medium speed (up to 40mph) resulted in the vehicle taking off like the proverbial cat. In fact, I've only done it once, early on in my Crosstar ownership, when I wanted to overtake a tractor. The accelerator took me by surprise. Honda's hybrid system lets the battery provide a brief blast of power while the engine gets up to the appropriate speed to become the main power source. It's possible that you encountered a situation when this process didn't work properly. Very low battery charge is one possibility while if the engine was still cold then it could be less responsive.

I have also been surprised as to how quickly the Mk4 takes off when needed, much better than my previous Mk3, no delay at all.

nowster

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 GR3 Jazz EX i-MMD in Midnight Blue
« Reply #69 on: May 22, 2021, 10:36:57 AM »
We're visiting a dealership tomorrow to look at options, having test driven an EX about a month ago.

nowster

• Approved Member
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2021, 12:44:25 AM »
I've been reading the manual for the e:HEV Jazz this afternoon and noticed that may not be used for towing. Instant warranty invalidation and other nasty things.

Kenneve

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2021, 08:51:46 AM »
Not really surprising, a similar note applied to the previous CVT models.
I don’t know why, the Mk4 has twice the torque and should easily cope with a small camping trailer or similar.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2021, 12:13:54 PM »
Not really surprising, a similar note applied to the previous CVT models.
I don’t know why, the Mk4 has twice the torque and should easily cope with a small camping trailer or similar.

It's not all about torque,  but the stress on drivetrain of towing, both accelerating and slowing down /  braking.

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/160343/towing-with-an-electric-car-hybrid-or-plug-in-hybrid
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2021, 05:47:48 PM »
I would also assume that Honda would need to figure out a set of different operating rules for the hybrid system if the vehicle is towing something.

nowster

• Approved Member
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2021, 07:30:35 PM »
So it's bye bye to my "Jazz hands" Mk2 and hello to a new Mk4 EX in about a week's time.

Tags:

anything