Author Topic: Android Auto wireless  (Read 15686 times)

guest9814

Android Auto wireless
« on: November 13, 2020, 09:13:40 AM »
Well this function actualy exis in infotainmentt of our Jazz on models that officialy have apple carplay wireless and android auto usb, android auto wireless simple disabled in engineering menu.

Find how to get to this menu and activated this function !!!
Please if you do it in you car remember if you change something else in this menu its your responsibiliy if this lead to any fault of car infotainment !!!

To get in engineering menu switch car to ACC mode by pressing Engine start button
After  car infotainment up press and hold at the same time buttons Home + Volume knob + <<--

You will get to this screen

Press on Detailed information and settings, then you will see this screen

Press on Smartphone information, this screen will apear

From here press on android auto tab

And press on upper option - On (USB/Wireless) by default this set to On (USB)

After selecting On (USB/Wireless) press orange Return button in upper right corner of screen several times to exit from engineering menu.

If you android smartphone not listed as android auto wireless compatible open from smartphone Android Auto app, press menu button (left upper corner), press on settings, scroll down and tap 10 times on Version of the app
This will unlock for you Developer options
press on three vertical dots
press on Developer optionsn
then select  - add wireless function
Go back to get to settings menu scroll down and tick toggle of Wireless translation to ON
After doing that if you already used you smartphone with android auto wired (USB) in your car, delete your smartphone in infotainmentt settings, unpair bluetooth of your car on smartphone, and pair smartphone again
by going in car infotainmentt  -> settings -> Smartphone connection -> Android Auto, Add new smartphone then connect you smartphone with usb cable (use original/good quality cable) and follow on screen instructions
Done

If for some reasone You get message
device not supported
Press on System status on top of infotainment screen

You will see your smartphone connected to bluetooth
Press on (your smartphone name) >
Then select Android Auto checkbox and then Apply button
If after this still not connected go to settings -> Smartphone Connection -> select Android auto
Tap on your smartphone and tap on green button connect
When you smartphone connected to Android Auto wireless  you should see wireless simbol in white square in system status

cjp2k20

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar
Re: Android Auto wireless
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 09:09:35 AM »
Thanks for this, I can confirm it works. With my partner's Pixel 5 (Android 11) it seems to work fine so far and reconnects after starting the car again, but for my S20+ (Android 10), it worked first time around after enabling it on the phone, but afterwards I needed to press the connect button due to the device not supported message.

My phone is due Android 11 soon so it might work better then.

guest9814

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 11:52:56 AM »
That strange
If it has Android 10 you not need to install Android Auto, only Android Auto for phone screen https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead.phonescreen&hl=en_US&gl=US
to change  settings if you need.
Should not by any problems with S20,  my LG v40 ThinQ doing that - phone not supported then wigling with infotainmentt settings and it`s connected again.

According to android auto support page
https://support.google.com/androidauto/answer/6348019?hl=en
Android Auto on your car display (wireless)
A car or aftermarket receiver that’s compatible with wireless Android Auto
Find out if your car or receiver is compatible with Android Auto (wireless).
A compatible Android smartphone with an active data plan and the latest version of the Android Auto app:
Any smartphone with Android 11.0 and 5GHz Wi-Fi. In the EU, smartphones must comply with additional regulatory requirements in order to use 5GHz Wi-Fi in the car.
A Google or Samsung smartphone with Android 10.0.
A Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, or Note 8, with Android 9.0.

CoolRaoul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: e:HEV
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 07:53:48 AM »
Didn't worked with my Samsung S9+ unfortunately, still getting "device not supported" message
(and yes, I've enabled AA wireless in app developer options)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 08:58:32 AM by CoolRaoul »

guest9814

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 08:26:37 AM »
Didn't worked with my Samsung S9+ unfortunately, still getting "device not supported" message
(and yes, I've enabled AA wireless in app developer options)

Do you tried then go to setting ->smartphone connection->Android auto->select your phone name
you should see below you phone green button connect push this button
I found that phone connecting fast if you allow 1-2 minutes after powering car, then connect your phone this way
Also found that at least my LG v40 connects fast (but manualy) if placed on wireless charging pad (aftermarket one that support fast 10w charge) but sometimes phone connecting without help , may by because disconect and connect within hour...

guest9814

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 08:43:41 AM »
Oh forgot something, sorry
In some cases there may by problems with disconnecting from Android auto wifi spot, if this heppens check wifi setting, there must by check box or switch - connect to wifi without internet connection / Switch to mobile data if internet throught wifi not available.

CoolRaoul

• Approved Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2020, 10:35:13 AM »
Do you tried then go to setting ->smartphone connection->Android auto->select your phone name
There were no "Android Auto" item in that screen for me (as in the last screenshot of first post the thread) and didn't use my car since.
I've applied all steps carefully.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 03:46:56 PM by CoolRaoul »

guest9814

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2020, 01:47:24 PM »
There were no "Android Auro" item in that screen for me (as in the last screenshot of first post the thread) and didn't use my car since.
I've applied all steps carefully.
You will not see that screen until your phone will be connected to AA
Check that you phone already connected to car bluetooth and if you under your home and connected to your home wifi disconnect wifi from you home network, allow to multimedia at last 1 minute to work before connecting smartphone to AA, connect phone to AA manualy ,
don`t be confused by not supported message.
In step with green button "Connect" if you see that button but it not green wait and try again.

CoolRaoul

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2020, 02:24:00 PM »
You will not see that screen until your phone will be connected to AA
Check that you phone already connected to car bluetooth and if you under your home and connected to your home wifi disconnect wifi from you home network, allow to multimedia at last 1 minute to work before connecting smartphone to AA, connect phone to AA manualy ,
don`t be confused by not supported message.
In step with green button "Connect" if you see that button but it not green wait and try again.

Thanks, I'll try again these steps the next time I use my car (which is currently in the garage, with no data coverage, and I'm not using it a lot because of COVID lockdown) and keep you informed
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 04:15:12 PM by CoolRaoul »

CoolRaoul

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2020, 12:13:52 PM »
I've been able to test it longer this morning
Problem is that I've managed to get a AA Wireless connection only *once*.
When it has worked, it did without issue and with a stable connection.
Most of the time, pressing the "connect"  button make it greyed then either nothing happens either I'm getting the device not supported message (and Android Auto UI don't show up on the car screen)
Even tried to unpair/repair my phone without success.

Possible that my phone (Galaxy 29, Android 10) is a bit outdated. I think I will stick with USB connexion and wait, in few month, when my company will allow me to renew my phone.

CoolRaoul

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2020, 08:31:11 AM »
I've managed to get a AA Wireless connection only *once*.
I've been able to test it again yesterday (I don't use my car a lot these days so I'm unable to perform many testing)
Worked fine the morning.
On the return trip I had to insist several times on the "connect" button (getting "incompatible device" errors) and it finally worked too.
Anyway, as soon as the connection is established everything seem to work fine.
Too bad it doesn't work more reliably each time.

Zaier

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV 2020 Executive
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2020, 09:19:10 AM »
After enabling the "WiFi projection" (sorry but I don't know the exact translation to English), in the developer option of Android Auto, it is working also for me.
It takes roughly 20-30 seconds to have it running after the car has been startup, but then it works fine.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 09:56:43 AM by Zaier »

ndavey1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz SR 2020
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2020, 10:16:32 AM »
This is one of the reasons I switched from Android to Apple. Android features are always playing catch-up with Apple and they are never as refined. In other cars I experienced connectivity issues with Android (e.g. mirror screen) which when I switched to iPhone just works.

Apple car play is seamless on the Jazz. I pair and connect once initially, then every time I start the car my music is there along with Apple maps. No connection issues, no need to manually connect. Like other Apple technologies (Apple Watch, AirPods) it just works!

CoolRaoul

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2020, 12:44:21 PM »
After enabling the "WiFi projection" (sorry but I don't know the exact translation to English), in the developer option of Android Auto, it is working also for me.
the exact translation is "show wireless projection option" (link)

OP has referred to this as "add wireless function":

If you android smartphone not listed as android auto wireless compatible open from smartphone Android Auto app, press menu button (left upper corner), press on settings, scroll down and tap 10 times on Version of the app
This will unlock for you Developer options
press on three vertical dots
press on Developer optionsn
then select  - add wireless function
but it's the same thing.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 12:47:17 PM by CoolRaoul »

Zaier

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV 2020 Executive
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2021, 10:50:11 PM »
Android 11 has arrived, and together with it AA wireless without any developer options selected in the app.
It takes roughly 30 seconds to connect, and the phone must be unlocked first, but it's working very well at the moment.

Tags:

anything