Author Topic: Finnish Skyride Blue Jazz 1.5 Dynamic  (Read 31772 times)

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
Re: Finnish Skyride Blue Jazz 1.5 Dynamic
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2020, 08:48:20 AM »
The original Honda accessory floor mats have quite small coverage on floor. Lots of gravel, sand, mud and snow gets to he floor. Especially on driver's dead pedal and rear hump. After lots of research of different all-season mats I ended up ordering 3D MAXpider classic floor liners from US. It took three months to arrive on sea fresight and I got them on floor yesterday.

First impression is good. They fit nicely on floor contour and cover very well e.g. driver's dead pedal and rear floor completely reaching under the seat. I wanted to find mats, that takes the mud also when the magic sear rear seat bases are lifted up. Durability and cleanability remains to be seen.

I will remove the "3D" deacal from front mats. Just need to get the rivets drilled off and put new rivets to plug the holes.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2020, 01:01:37 PM »
I'd noticed how little of the floor the original mats cover. The mats you have look the business!  ;)

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2020, 06:01:46 PM »
Temperature has been below zero for many nights and it has been snowing, so it was time to get the winter tyres in use. Like most cars, Jazz conveniently lifts both wheels on one side, when jacking from front lifting point. And that's how the winter wheels look.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 09:32:03 AM by TnTkr »

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2021, 06:47:47 AM »
I got her washed for a while. Also it was a nice weather to take a picture.
After looking the winter wheels for some time now, I have to admit they are not looking as good as I wished. But that's what I've got for now.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 06:50:15 AM by TnTkr »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2021, 06:54:16 AM »
What do you do to stop door rubbers and locks freezing after washing the car in such low temperatures?
I dry the rubbers, but it is never 100% effective if there is a hard frost.
I just realised. With remote locking, you won't have to worry about the locks freezing. I have to open my doors with the key.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2021, 07:11:15 AM »
This time I just dried the rubbers and their counter surfaces and kept the doors open for a quarter or so when cleaning and drying all the door seals, sills and pillars. The automatic car wash is in an indoor car park so it is plus degrees there. With this new car the seal surfaces still have some oily feeling preventing freezing. In older cars I use some silicone wipe or my dad's method, wipe some glycol coolant to the seals. Locks are fine if you treat them with thin lock oil or gun oil before winter. I usually inject so much oil that it comes out and flushes some dirt out of the lock. Then clean the excess oil and you'll be fine for next winter or two.

If the lock freezes anyway, easiest way to get it working it is to heat the key with a lighter and stick it rapidly into the lock before it cools, this needs to be repeated couple of times. In past there used to be battery operated lock melting devices, that had an electrically heated thin stick, that could be sticked into any lock. But I haven't seen those in this millennium anymore.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 07:18:59 AM by TnTkr »

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2021, 07:56:35 AM »
In past there used to be battery operated lock melting devices, that had an electrically heated thin stick, that could be sticked into any lock. But I haven't seen those in this millennium anymore.
Still available. I had one once, but the first time I came to use it, the battery was flat! It had been lying since the previous winter.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2021, 10:52:22 AM »
I've known it for long time, but now I noticed it again. Compared to hand wash by professionals, automatic car wash takes much more time when you need to clean the door sills and pillars yourself after the wash. And the cost is about the same. It's just this COVID situation, when I'm working from home it'd take 30 minutes just to drive to hand wash. Automatic car wash is only 5 minutes from my home. When we get back to normal office work, a hand wash is only 10 minutes from work.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2021, 07:40:50 AM »
Bit frosty this morning. Dashboard shows one or two degrees higher temperature than house thermometers because the car was pre-heated. Does anybody know where the Jazz's outside temperature sensor is actually located?

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2021, 12:17:13 PM »
I got her washed for a while. Also it was a nice weather to take a picture.
After looking the winter wheels for some time now, I have to admit they are not looking as good as I wished. But that's what I've got for now.

Cool photo!  8) Like that a lot.

-27c ! Anything below freezing and I consider it too cold these days.  ;D

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2021, 07:22:04 PM »
I got the full size spare tyre on place. Besides the rim and tyre I needed to order following items:
84550-T5S-T30 Box assy, cargo floor
83850-SD2-000 Plate, anchor bolt
83853-SA7-980 Bolt, anchor, 79 mm
89211-S05-003 Wrench, wheel
Jack I'm trying to find used, because it was rather expensive from Honda.

Maybe the foam tool holder is made for markets where standard tyre is 175, because it was slightly too high in order to get floor fitting nicely. Fortunately there was three separate pads behind the foam, which were easy to tear away.

Original front towing eye is also longer than the place for it. I need to have a look if the shorter part would be sufficient and if so, shorten it.

Edit: I forgot to mention, that I bought a Dunlop all-season tyre for the spare.  Something better than summer tyre if it's needed in winter and no defined direction of rotation.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2021, 11:45:33 AM by TnTkr »

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2021, 06:52:42 AM »
Spring is arriving to Finland and eventhough most nights are still below zero, day temperature reaches +15. So I put the summer tyres on to my Jazz. Before mounting I routinely measured the groove depth. And the result confirms that Dunlop Sport is really soft! After only 5000 km the difference between front and rear is already 1 mm. I do circulate front and rear tyres annually, so at the end the wear will be pretty even. The next summer tyres will be something with better wear resistance.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2021, 04:57:26 PM »
I can remember when the tyre fitters always left them on. By the time you drove home, they were gone.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2021, 11:09:54 AM »
Temperature has been below zero for many nights and it has been snowing, so it was time to get the winter tyres in use. Like most cars, Jazz conveniently lifts both wheels on one side, when jacking from front lifting point. And that's how the winter wheels look.

I would have also chosen the Michelins, did you take the stickers off of the tyres before you drove the car, your photo made me laugh, I have never seen tyres fitted before with the tyre makers sticker still on the tyre.  :)
Sorry for not answering earlier, I didn't notice your comment until now. No I didn't take the stickers away, they wear off within some tens of kilometers. It's rather common practise in Finland. I would actually say they should be removed by the tyre shop before balancing. 

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2021, 08:42:50 AM »
This week I had my first winterish road trip this autumn when I drove over 700 km to Eastern Finland and back with the trailer. I had changed winter tires day before and I'm happy I did.

Tags:

anything