Author Topic: IMA Alert  (Read 2891 times)

Meterboy972

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2012 Honda Jazz/Fit Hybrid 10th Anniversary Edition
IMA Alert
« on: March 21, 2020, 07:51:43 PM »
 Hi everyone!

I recently imported a 2012 Honda Fit Hybrid. After driving for about 20mins an "IMA Alert" came on the gauge cluster, followed by a battery icon. I bought a new battery, thinking that was the problem, after another 10 minutes of driving the same two alerts came back (IMA followed by the battery icon). I did some research and almost everything pointed to replacement of the hybrid battery pack :o Thankfully I saw another video on youtube which indicated that the battery cooling fan could be the issue. Had it diagnosed and it was indeed the battery cooling fan. Has anyone encountered that issue before? Also I have been trying to source a replacement and I have not been successful, would the cooling fan from the Civic, Insight or CR-Z work?

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
Re: IMA Alert
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 09:59:45 AM »
Try a search on the US website fitfreak.net

Chris Hunt

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz IMA, CRV
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 11:54:34 AM »
See my post dated December 17th.
If IMA battery gets hot it calls for cooling and control looks for a speed signal from battery cooling fan. No speed and it puts on the IMA warning lights but continues to work - I haven't gone far enough in this condition but guess is it shuts down completely at some high temperature point.

sparky Paul

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 GG6 Jazz EX 1.4 I-VTEC / 2008 GE3 Jazz SE 1.4 i-DSI
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 12:15:17 PM »
Here's your old thread Chris, I knew it would come in useful!

https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=12622.0

Tags:

anything