Author Topic: Has Honda stopped their complimentary roadside assistance cover?  (Read 4118 times)

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
Has Honda stopped their complimentary roadside assistance cover?
« on: September 05, 2019, 04:05:04 PM »
The one at the bottom of this page: https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/breakdown-assistance.html

Now daughter's Jazz is 5yrs old, the service, maint and assistance package has finished.  Asked the dealer to provide the complimentary cover and they said 'nope - the only way to get cover is to buy another service package'.

Hmm - we had it for years on our previous Jazz, and where able to transfer it to the new owner when we passed it on.

kevinivtec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
Re: Has Honda stopped their complimentary roadside assistance cover?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 05:28:07 PM »
 hi my package finishes sept 2020 on a 2010  jazz 1.4 iv tec i shift will have had it for 3 yrs from 2017 I pay £19 month for service warranty and aa cover, BUT!!! had to call AA for a flat battery 4hrs to come out to me in Plymouth they sent out a local garage and he could do nothing I asked when he had the call he said 45 mins ago ??? complained to honda gave me the price back on a new battery and sent a food hamper a week later to apologise Great !!! very pleased speak as I find, service plan  rubbish, all they do is basically change the oil for synthetic , and change the oil filter check around and tell you what they could do for you for an astronomical price !!! change pads/ spark plugs, £185 brake fluid change £60 up grade to fully synthetic £26 ( no thank you) warranty questionable, for an automatic gearbox  maybe but they keep drawing the line in the sand whats under warranty and what is not even though it clearly does not state on the warranty docs fed up with arguing with them in one respect will be glad this all finishes as its all good on paper until you claim,  will now do work myself for 1/4 of the price they charge

Rory

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 05:39:18 PM »
It probably won't be going to the dealer in future for service work but I did hope to get another year's cover for the Assistance package.

Funnily enough what brought this to my attention was a flat battery too.  It's happened before (rear interior light left on) and last time Honda sent a random recovery guy out but it went flat again as no-one noticed the light was on (the rear windows are very dark) and second time they sent a proper AA man.

The car was awkwardly parked nose down a steepish drive so I rushed off to Halfords and got their £50 booster pack and the car started instantly.

bill ericay

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Civic Sport 1.8 Orchid White
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 01:23:34 PM »
I have a 3  1/2 year old Civic with a purchased 5 year service package. The Honda Assistance ran out after 3 years, but I was told by the service advisor that they would give me the Honda Assistance each year as I had the car serviced, but ONLY if I asked for it. So I did, and got another years Honda Assistance. It is a slightly different cover, which I think covers everything except European Cover.
My last service was in January, so it's possible things could have changed since then.

Rory

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 04:37:44 PM »
I have a 3  1/2 year old Civic with a purchased 5 year service package. The Honda Assistance ran out after 3 years,...

Ours had what Honda called 5/5/5 - which is warranty, service and, I assume assistance.  Not sure if assistance was linked to service or warranty or if it was a standalone thing.  However dealer is telling me now that the only way to get the assistance renewed is to buy another service package.

I've emailed Honda CS to see what they say - it's still on their website and I don't see why the dealer shouldn't provide it.

Tags:

anything