Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: 1.5 Sport
« Last post by SuperCNJ on Today at 02:36:17 AM »
We've had the 1.5 Sport for a while now and it is very good overall, performance compared to our old 1.4 Mk1 Sport is noticeably better. It's no hot hatch but there is certainly enough power and torque is decent enough for a Jazz, definitely better than all the other Jazz's I've driven so far.

Fuel consumption is on par with our old 1.4 MK1, not noticeably more thirsty though I'm sure if I worked it out properly it might be slightly worse but given the better performance and driveability its definitely not an issue for us.

Insurance, we're on a multicar deal paying around £400/yr.

There are a few things to be aware of that are small annoyances for us...

1. Squeaky clutch pedal - We had this problem for a little while but then after spraying some lubricant on it it seems to have gone away.
2. Engine hesitancy at just below 2k rpm - Sometimes at a certain rpm below 2k, there seems to be a sudden dip in power which is a little annoying but not a "problem" as such.
3. Rear head room - As the interior trim on the roof curves in, some people will find it touches their head when sitting up straight. I think the car is not as tall as the MK1 so there is definitely less head room because of this compared to our MK1 Jazz.
4. Crosswind stability at motorway speed - This is a problem for all lightweight cars but it seems a little worse compared to our old MK1. When fully loaded with passengers our MK1 was actually reasonably stable whereas with our MK3 sport, it seems a bit more susceptable even when fully loaded.
5. Dash reflection on windscreen - On sunny days, you can see the textured plastic dash reflected on the windscreen which is quite annoying and sometimes distracts you. But we've learnt to live with it.
6. Driver seat, I get a slight backache with the seat after a long drive but doesn't seem to affect my wife so it might just be me.

Other than the above, we love everything else with the sport, the looks, the way it drives, the little gimmicks and so we plan to keep it for quite some time.
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: Giving my Honda some love!
« Last post by fatlad on Today at 12:01:36 AM »
Enjoying the sunshine after being cleaned.  8)

looks stunning....just purchased my silver 13 plate today (4th Jazz in succession).
i hope mine stays as good looking as yours Westy!
Honda Jazz Mk1 2002-2008 / Re: Backbox just dropped off.
« Last post by bus_ter on May 15, 2021, 11:53:07 PM »
Kwik fit, 2 year guarantee. New one identical. Pipe corroded at the joint. Rest of box like brand new (still with label intact).

Where the spring bolts are? Could it be they were too tight and not allowing the necessary flex and movement?
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / Re: tailored rubber mats
« Last post by fatlad on May 15, 2021, 11:37:34 PM »
:o 50 quid for two mats! Yikes!

Yikes indeed!! :o

i may have to look (ahem google) now i have the part number & see if theres any cheaper alternatives or used ones.

thanks guys much appreciated
Honda Jazz Mk2 2008-2015 / what is this pipe?
« Last post by fatlad on May 15, 2021, 11:10:45 PM »
hi all
can my fellow jazz-heads tell me what this silver coloured backward L shaped pipe is for please?

Honda Jazz Mk3 2015 - 2020 / Re: Rear washer fluid not working
« Last post by Jeff B on May 15, 2021, 09:20:14 PM »
Apologies for the massively long delay in replying. The problem went away after a couple of weeks of using the rear washer every day regardless of whether it was required or not. I think this has flushed the pipework. I have added a small amount of disinfectant to the washer bottle fluid as a belt and braces and so far the rear washer works first time every time! I now use the rear wash every time I use the car in much the same way as I use the aircon for a time even though it is not strictly required, just to keep it ticking over.
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Electric Central Heating.
« Last post by Jocko on May 15, 2021, 08:59:06 PM »
The boiler cannot stay where it is. The bulk of the kitchen is 1950s, with the sink and units around it 60-70s. The central heating was originally run off the coal fire and back boiler but the combi was put in several years back under a grant scheme and the clowns who installed it fitted the boiler over part of a double socket!
A new fitted kitchen is a must.
The house is well insulated with full double glazing windows and doors, cavity wall insulation and generous loft insulation. The loft had been insulated, but at the time the combi was installed new thick insulation was placed over the top of the original insulation. The radiators are not microbore and are all fitted with thermostats, though manual and not programmable. Mum used to have the house like a hothouse and her monthly gas bills were never that high.
The technology for an electric combi boiler is anything but in its infancy. It appears to be a tiny self-contained immersion system for the central heating, with a flash boiler for the hot water system. I am currently waiting on a Fischer catalogue arriving but there are several other makes I am looking at.
When I had my own house we only ran the heating in the lounge, downstairs hall (the one that was on continuously), and bathroom. The only time heating was on in the bedrooms were if someone was in bed, unwell, or when my daughter used her room as her study.
Car SOS

Just now

Lancia Fulvia fae Fife
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Covid 19 enquiry.
« Last post by JimSh on May 15, 2021, 07:54:17 PM »
I would be asking if the forewarning of imposition of quarantine for arrivals is prudent. How does the cost of quarantining people at tapayers' expense compare with the cost of handling the disruption caused by new sources of the virus entering the community? Did the government not learn from last year's experience? Better management of the threat from the Indian variant could have minimised the current headache.

I also wonder why the local hotspots aren't in tier 5 lockdown until everyone on every household is tested. The Chinese demonstrated last year that this process can work and there should now be sufficient testing resources here.
Yes.
Who would have thought that sitting on their arse for several weeks while the virus raged through India without placing India on a banned list and then giving people the best part of a week to return without quarantine before a ban was imposed would have had any repercussions?

Compare this with the way the Australians treated their visitors to India. They are only being allowed back in Australia now - but only after quarantining in India, testing and then quarantining for two weeks in Australia.
"An estimated 9,000 Australians who are stuck in India wish to return home, with about 900 classed as vulnerable.

Morrison told reporters earlier on Friday the federal government expected to arrange three repatriation flights from India between 15 May and the end of the month, “bringing back the most urgent of cases”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/covid-news-live-india-variant-b1848024.html?page=2#post-456658
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-india-variant-coronavirus-b1848086.html

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-57126041
Off Topic (Non-Honda) / Re: Covid 19 enquiry.
« Last post by madasafish on May 15, 2021, 07:40:47 PM »
I would be asking if the forewarning of imposition of quarantine for arrivals is prudent. How does the cost of quarantining people at tapayers' expense compare with the cost of handling the disruption caused by new sources of the virus entering the community? Did the government not learn from last year's experience? Better management of the threat from the Indian variant could have minimised the current headache.

I also wonder why the local hotspots aren't in tier 5 lockdown until everyone on every household is tested. The Chinese demonstrated last year that this process can work and there should now be sufficient testing resources here.
#

People who travel should pay their own quarantine costs. Period.

If they can't they should quarantine at Her Majesty's Pleasure..

Travelling to and from a place with an out of control plague is grossly irresponsible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10