Author Topic: Radio/cassette options (2002 Jazz 1.4)  (Read 4276 times)

guest6804

Radio/cassette options (2002 Jazz 1.4)
« on: June 04, 2017, 10:56:50 PM »
Hi
I've been reading the forum with interest and have noted that the ICE fails quite often. The f&f radio cassette in my car functions in every way except the most important one. There's no sound on either source. I can change radio channels manually or with presets, it will take a cassette and play, but there's no sound. The displayed confirm everything is as it should be.......

Repair is potentially expensive, so replacement seems the best option. Is this correct? I still have cassettes, so replacing like for like isn't a problem. However, can I replace the radio/cassette with a unit that had no A/C function/button? There's just a blanking plate on the unit I found. It's from a 1.3 model which didn't have a/c?

Many thanks
Peter

guest1372

• Topic Starter
Re: Radio/cassette options (2002 Jazz 1.4)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 11:21:07 AM »
You could install a cassette or a CD in exchange. 
The switches are interchangeable with the blanking plates, the only caveat is facelift stereos have the heated mirror switch combined with the rear screen demister button, so you would have to change that over.

When removing the stereo remember the 8mm hex head screws from the underside, and lever from the back via the glovebox to release the fascia clips.
--
TG

[attachment deleted by admin]

guest6804

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 12:23:22 PM »
Many thanks TG. Very helpful.

Peter

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 05:17:04 PM »
Thinking a little more about this, you could also retain your fascia and just swap over the radio & display part if the replacement unit comes with screwdriver marks all round the perimeter.
--
TG

Tags:

anything