Author Topic: Getting Jazz Washed After Pigeons Christened It  (Read 14670 times)

pb82gh3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Honda Jazz 1.4 VTEC Si
Re: Getting Jazz Washed After Pigeons Christened It
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2016, 03:45:56 PM »
We have peregrine falcons in the Avon Gorge. They take pigeons on the wing - quite a sight to see. Only wish I had some tame PF's of my own.

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2016, 06:17:03 PM »
We have over the years tried to encourage wildlife into our garden. The problem is that although I live in a Devon village, most of the properties are let, not holiday, with the resultant wilderness as most tenants don't bother. As I reported pigeons reign and there is a groundswell of incomers that don't like wildlife.
My neighbour who hails from Oxfordshire has given up trying. When we do speak he asks me the same question. Is there a dog breeder living behind? He is a man of the soil and a countryman to boot but he cannot get over the number of barking dogs and their deposits, which is nearly as bad as pigeons except it doesn't in the main get on the paintwork. Before all you dog lovers start screaming, I like dogs but here they are like their owners a piggin nuisance. I am envious of Madasafish with his Sparrowhawks.

Way off subject BUT, a young couple have just moved in opposite, Mummy and Daddy live two doors away, either one drives from one house to the other. Daughter has two dogs, no excercise  usually carried from one dwelling to the other and mega noise.

You would not envy us our badgers and foxes when you see craters in your vegetable patch filled with badger poo and hoes in the lawn from foxes digging for worms!

pb82gh3

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Honda Jazz 1.4 VTEC Si
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2016, 08:01:14 PM »
Those are some sophisticated foxes if they're using gardening tools ;)

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2016, 08:56:18 PM »

that'll teach you to lock all the hoes and spades away in the shed at night
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:30:43 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2016, 11:38:25 AM »

I am concerned they might try a JCB................

guest1372

• Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 02:20:31 PM »
When I'm in the Chilterns we have many Red Kites over the house most days, just wheeling around on the breeze, their large fan tail feathers steering then effortlessly.  Thankfully no pigeons, only trouble is they wait for the foxes to dismember one of the chickens.  The fox also seems keen on burying chicken heads in the veg patch.
--
TG

guest6963

• Topic Starter
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2017, 09:37:45 PM »
I carry a pack of wetwipes and clean it off straight away. i think ive been driving 25 years and never really cared about a car as much as i do my honda.  :o

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2017, 10:13:40 PM »
Pigeons are nothing. We live in flats beside the sea (think cliffs) and the gulls nest on the roofs. Imagine cows that can fly. One well aimed shot can hit every panel.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2017, 10:03:15 AM »
The wood pigeons round our way are like ground attack fighter jets. They come in low across the car dropping cluster bombs as they go. I've seen salvoes that have hit the tailgate right through to the front edge of the bonnet. Raids are almost always carried out just after I've washed the car.

guest5079

• Topic Starter
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2017, 11:38:54 AM »
I will apologise for being way off the beam BUT having just read through these 'posts' I must admit to a chuckle. My Insurance renewal has recently arrived, of course it is always more than last year. I asked my broker if removing the included foreign travel would bring some discount. To date, I have had three replies all different and the latest was for more than the original renewal.

So Lads and Lassies the tales of pigeons, seagulls and other flying bombers have really cheered me up and that takes some doing these days.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2017, 11:39:25 AM »
The wood pigeons round our way are like ground attack fighter jets. They come in low across the car dropping cluster bombs as they go. I've seen salvoes that have hit the tailgate right through to the front edge of the bonnet. Raids are almost always carried out just after I've washed the car.

And some people still say that animals / birds don't have a sense of humour ?
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

guest6981

• Topic Starter
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2017, 11:15:55 PM »
Some great comments here  ;D

Tags: