Author Topic: Lost locking wheel nut  (Read 5637 times)

guest7644

Lost locking wheel nut
« on: April 18, 2018, 08:48:44 PM »
Hi,
I have a 2006 Honda jazz 1.4 petrol - think it maybe an SE, as it has electric folding mirrors and alloys etc.

The locking wheel nut has disappeared. Honda can replace it for <£15  but I don't know the code. Previous owners haven't written it in log book, nor can I find the box or any form of 'business card' with a code on.

I have seen the same alloys on other Jazz so I presume they are standard. The shape of the wheel nut looks like a cartoon flower.

Any ideas of a code that I could tell Honda for the replacement?

culzean

• Approved Member
Re: Lost locking wheel nut
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 09:04:03 PM »
Hi,
I have a 2006 Honda jazz 1.4 petrol - think it maybe an SE, as it has electric folding mirrors and alloys etc.

The locking wheel nut has disappeared. Honda can replace it for <£15  but I don't know the code. Previous owners haven't written it in log book, nor can I find the box or any form of 'business card' with a code on.

I have seen the same alloys on other Jazz so I presume they are standard. The shape of the wheel nut looks like a cartoon flower.

Any ideas of a code that I could tell Honda for the replacement?

If you have just lost a wheel nut Mr Onion has a set to sell c/w socket
https://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=10088.msg59323#msg59323

if you have just lost the socket and have all the nuts holding wheels on that is a different problem,  maybe Honda can track down the nut pattern from the VIN number.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

ColinS

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2018 HR-V EX-Navi CVT
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 07:25:53 AM »
I lost mine for my CR-V a few years ago.  Well Kwik-Fit lost it to be fair.  My local Honda dealer had a box of them in the workshop and just kept trying them until they found a fit.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 08:30:15 AM »
The locking wheel nuts that Honda fit have just a limited number of combinations and most Honda dealers have a set of them.

Ask them to remove the offending locking nuts and replace them with normal nuts whilst you find a new set of locking nuts.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 08:59:29 AM »
The locking wheel nut has disappeared.
I would just get an ordinary nut. Most cars have alloys these days and theft of wheels has fallen dramatically. Most thieves would want a set anyway. Unless you regularly park where cars end up on bricks I wouldn't worry about it. My last car, the locking nuts were getting chewed up so I just replaced them with normal nuts. Never had any problems, and they were lovely restored alloys.

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 10:37:50 AM »
The locking wheel nut has disappeared.
I would just get an ordinary nut. Most cars have alloys these days and theft of wheels has fallen dramatically. Most thieves would want a set anyway. Unless you regularly park where cars end up on bricks I wouldn't worry about it. My last car, the locking nuts were getting chewed up so I just replaced them with normal nuts. Never had any problems, and they were lovely restored alloys.

Agree, haven't used locking nuts for quite a while,  alloys are 10 a penny these days, and six months of the year I have winters and steel wheels on anyway.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

olduser1

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX 2015 CVT Elite Pack
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 07:35:49 AM »
Get some blu tack, make an impression of the wheel nut take to dealer for their help.

Rory

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX Manual - gone to a family member. Still look after it, and a 2014 EX driven by daughter.
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 07:06:01 PM »
Get some blu tack, make an impression of the wheel nut take to dealer for their help.

Just take the whole car and the dealer should be able to pick the right one.

We had to buy another for our 2014 Jazz and it was only about £8.  The key card was in the folder in the car with the manual etc.  Of course the 'lost' one then turned up.

If the OP does want to do it remotely then try searching on eBay for one that looks the same - although be careful as they're all pretty similar.   Or there's https://www.lockingwheelnutkeys.co.uk/

Tags: