Author Topic: Auto full beam activating in the dark  (Read 977 times)

Beachball

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 i vtec navi
Auto full beam activating in the dark
« on: November 21, 2022, 02:41:20 PM »
Ive read the manual (Mk 3),and as I understand,to disable this feature,its best to use headlights at night in manual mode and not auto??
Ive found that when the full beam comes on and a vehicle approaches,I can cancel full beam quicker than the auto setting can.
Had a few instances where Ive had approaching cars flash me because momentarily,my lights "blind them".

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Auto full beam activating in the dark
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 03:06:30 PM »
Ive read the manual (Mk 3),and as I understand,to disable this feature,its best to use headlights at night in manual mode and not auto??
Ive found that when the full beam comes on and a vehicle approaches,I can cancel full beam quicker than the auto setting can.
Had a few instances where Ive had approaching cars flash me because momentarily,my lights "blind them".

To cancel the auto full beam function, lift the left stalk towards you (as if you're selecting full beam manually). The indicator on the display (headlamp with an "A" in it) will go out. To re-enable the auto function, hold the stalk towards you for a few seconds.

Beachball

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 i vtec navi
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 03:19:39 PM »
Thank you Colin.
I didnt realise that ;D

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2022, 05:31:05 AM »
It is also possible to permanently disable the Auto high beam at the dealer. My dealer didn't have the instructions to do so nor the information that such can be done. Since this possibility was clearly stated in the user manual I contacted Honda Europe, which sent the instructions to dealer and they got it done. Looking at the faces it seemed to be bitter that customer was right and they had to do it.

Tags: