Author Topic: How to disassemble front headrest  (Read 718 times)

TnTkr

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2019 GK5 Jazz 1.5 Dynamic 6MT
How to disassemble front headrest
« on: August 24, 2022, 06:42:10 AM »
I would like to get my 2019 GK5 (Mk3) Jazz front seat headrest disassembled to see the tilt adjustment mechanism and to make some modifications to improve driving position. But I have not even figured out how to remove the hard plastic cover under the headrest. Has anybody done that or found some instructions how to do it?

Nowadays I have the headrest turned backwards to get my head in natural relaxed position and not being pushed forwards, but that probably is not very safe in case of an accident.

Actually I would like to have 1st gen CR-V headrests, but the spacing and diameter of the mounting rods is different. And I'm not sure if annual inspection (MOT in UK) would point out that 90's headrests are not fulfilling 2020's legislation.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 07:26:25 AM by TnTkr »

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
Re: How to disassemble front headrest
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 10:23:16 PM »
No-one done it and had a look inside the headrest? Maybe I need to buy one from salvage yard and cut it open to see.

Glosrich

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Jazz S iVtec
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 03:05:52 PM »
It's a safety item, so be careful what you do, it's there to stop whiplash in an accident.

Suggests maybe you have the seat backrest too upright, if the headrest is hitting your head. They adjust back and forth as well as up/down check the manual for instructions.

TnTkr

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 04:54:11 AM »
I've done that already without success. And I am aware of the importance of the headrest in the unlikely event of an accident. That's why I'd like to make a proper modification taking care of the safety. Basically it is a mechanical sturcture designed and manufactured by humans, and can be modified by another human knowing the requirements and mechanical engineering.

Tags:

anything