Author Topic: Wheel Alignment and Carbon Cleaning  (Read 734 times)

CandleHandphone

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.3 GK
Wheel Alignment and Carbon Cleaning
« on: June 09, 2021, 06:58:23 AM »
6 months ago the guy at the workshop recommended wheel alignment and carbon cleaning for my Jazz at the 1.5 year mark or 30000km/18000miles mark.

Today I went to the same workshop for the 2 year mark servicing and he recommended the same thing! how often do I actually need to do those two things?

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: Wheel Alignment and Carbon Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 07:04:29 AM »
In 9 years of Jazz ownership, I have never had wheels aligned. Tyres wear evenly. I must be doing something wrong?

What is carbon cleaning? Sounds like cleaning alloys? (I use a cheap wheel cleaner every three months to supplement washing)

CandleHandphone

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz 1.3 GK
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 07:23:15 AM »
carbon cleaning is supposed to address issues with carbon buildup in the engine from what i read online. they're an authorised dealer so i didn't expect them to try to over sell stuff that I don't need. will have to be more careful from now on.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 08:21:16 AM »
The wheel alighment is sounding like a 'trade up' sale to me. If your car drives in a straight line, isn't pulling to one side, and the tyres are wearing evenly than all is well.  :D Certainly not a service item like oil and filter for example.

In my experience, the only time tracking, or alignment needs doing is following collision with a kerb or pothole that knocks the settings out. The other scenario would be if the car has had mechanical work to the front end, like new suspension struts or similar.

Tags:

anything