Author Topic: Gizmos on the Mk 3  (Read 5935 times)

ColinB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2015 Jazz 1.3 SE manual in Milano Red
Re: Gizmos on the Mk 3
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2020, 09:41:24 AM »
I think you're in Japan ? Car manufacturers fit different system to cars depending on the market they are being sold in. So what you have on your Japanese-spec Jazz reflects local regulations and expectations. UK-spec cars do not necessarily mirror that, but it is interesting to hear what the Japanese market requires. At least Japanese cars have the steering wheel on the correct side of the car !

So we don't get adaptive cruise control, and we have something called Lane Departure Warning, which just alerts the driver should the car perceive you are veering out of a marked lane. Your Lane Keeping Assist and Road Departure Mitigation sound similar but from your description may actively steer the car. Personally I find the idea of needing systems to prevent you driving off the road, or to avoid a pedestrian, pretty worrying: others have commented previously about such systems encouraging the driver to "switch off" rather than concentrate on what he/she is doing.

langserve

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [
  • My Honda: gk3 2019 jdm 1.3 CVT
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2020, 11:12:53 AM »
Yes. Spot on. I was/am a bit doubtful but as I age I wonder if some extra help is not a bad idea. One should never ever rely on these systems though.

John A

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 Honda Jazz CVT
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2020, 02:05:51 PM »
Yes. Spot on. I was/am a bit doubtful but as I age I wonder if some extra help is not a bad idea. One should never ever rely on these systems though.

If they're helpful in preventing one less injury / scare / damage then they're of use. As long as you remember who's in control! Which is why I often curse the lane departure when it gives me a "warning" that I don't need.

A "fun" game is to mess with the switchable options that a driver has set up, and see their confusion / irritation / conviction something is wrong with the car. My garage played that on me when they switched on the lane departure and I was convinced that the collision / parking sensors were faulty, till I noticed the warning only seemed to happen when I was near to a white line  ::)

Gordon69

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: Jazz
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2020, 09:45:52 PM »
I find high beam assist one of the best features of the tech, lightning reaction on dark roads and dips at first sight of approaching lights.

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2020, 10:37:47 AM »
I agree Gordon - a very useful feature that works well.

Tags:

anything