Author Topic: 2010 ex i shift small top bottle up for hydraulic oil????  (Read 1042 times)

kevinivtec

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ivtec ex i shift auto
2010 ex i shift small top bottle up for hydraulic oil????
« on: June 03, 2019, 12:44:14 AM »
 hi all just a quick question if anyone knows the answer ??? There is a small hydraulic reservoir in the engine compartment about half the size of the brake fluid reservoir on the front right hand side, I gather this is for the  i shift gear change??? my question is  1) what is the fluid to top it up when req??? 2) at what interval would you drain and replace? 3) how would you do it when req???, and 4) are any filters hidden away that req replacement???
Does anyone know??? many thanks all!!!

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
Re: 2010 ex i shift small top bottle up for hydraulic oil????
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 09:33:37 AM »
That is the i-Shift clutch fluid, it is DOT3 / 4 brake fluid required for top-up, to replace the fluid special bleeding process is required using Honda diagnostic equipment or similar.

Jocko

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Died from rust.
Re: 2010 ex i shift small top bottle up for hydraulic oil????
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 10:18:46 AM »
According to the Haynes manual, and the vehicle handbook that came with the car, there is no need to replace the clutch (that's what it is, even on the i Shift) fluid. Obviously any leaks would need to be repaired, refilled and bled, but in normal use it should not need changed, The brake fluid, on the other hand, does.
There is no filter.

Tags: