Author Topic: Service Interval Leeway  (Read 1336 times)

peteo48

• Approved Member
  • I have entered the Jazz Age
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2021 Honda Jazz Mk4 1.5 i-MMD EX
Service Interval Leeway
« on: August 11, 2019, 05:41:41 PM »
This is a potential issue for me. My car reaches the 3 year old mark on 31st March 2020. However the service interval is out of synch in that the first service was done on the 10th of January 2018 - less than 10 months after registration. I want to get the MOT and service intervals in synch.

In the past, I seem to remember a 1,000 mile or One Month leeway for most cars. Indeed I've seen it in handbooks. I can't find any reference to it in the Jazz Handbook or Service Book, on the internet or anywhere else for that matter.

Anybody know if this type of leeway still applies? It will cease to be an issue after next year but I don't want to tempt fate by voiding the last 2 months of my warranty.

Ozzie

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 HS, 2015 HS-T, now in a VW T-Roc
Re: Service Interval Leeway
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 06:46:22 PM »
The obvious people to ask are Honda themselves, but you can have the MoT done early to fit in with a service. My first MoT was due on December 22nd, but I thought that's mad, as if I need work to be done I will have to wait over the Christmas break, so I had the first MoT done on November 22nd, and now I can have it done from October 22nd to keep the same renewal date.

Tags: