Author Topic: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV  (Read 14574 times)

Kremmen

• Approved Member
  • Civinfo interloper
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: MY22 Jazz EX
Re: My Honda Plus connectivity on Jazz Hybrid e:HEV
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2020, 12:32:09 PM »
Interesting read.

My Civic 9G has had the dongle for quite a few years and it works well. I wonder what the plus version gives that is of any use.

My Honda 'dashboard' gives me:

System status
Current mph
Engine running or not
Passenger airbag on or off
Fuel tank reading in %
Total mileage
Outside temp
Car location
Driving style estimator

Route history

You can also summon roadside assistance apparently as I've never used it.
Let's be careful out there !

csp

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Average 63 mpg
  • My Honda: Platinum White Jazz e:HEV SR 2020
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2020, 08:16:34 PM »
I would have thought that the TCU activation would be based on the VIN number of the car and not the registration number. The booking of Service Dept appointments etc via MyHonda Plus would be by registration number.

BigRon

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2020, 08:44:23 PM »
Only going with what I was told, they had been trying to switch on the TCU on a few unregistered Jazzes and only managed to get it to work on one that had been registered for more than 5 days, although they haven't managed to get mine to switch on and it's been registered for 24 days.

My issue may be partly related to the fact that I have installed MyHonda+ 3 times and uninstalled it twice before finding out that the TCU had not been switched on.

I contacted Connected Services Support this afternoon suggesting to delete my account as was my dealer contacting them today with their own issues and reiterating my suggestion.

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2020, 12:40:42 PM »
Went to my dealer this morning for another attempt at switching on the TCU.

They had received a multi-page troubleshooting document from HT/HCSS (Honda Technical/Honda Connected Services Support) last week.

Great news they managed to switch on the TCU at the first attempt without the use of the TSD, same tech as before with no changes in method. ;D ;D ;D

Bad news still can't set up MyHonda+, I think my account needs to be deleted and set up from scatch. At the very start of trying to set up MyHonda+ while not realising TCU was off unistalled/reinstalled app twice. :-[ :-[

Called HCS and replied to email with info requested and now waiting for a reply, not expecting a quick reply as previous emails to HCSS on this issue have been taking 5 to 7 working days to reply (they work Monday to Friday).

Mellorshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2020, 05:59:14 PM »
In what way isn't the app working?

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2020, 07:55:01 PM »
The first time I installed the MyHonda+ app after typing in the pin number received "Something is wrong" message.

Uninstalled then reinstalled the app, got as far as inputting the vin number and my Crosstar being recognised then it failed.

Repeated the uninstall/reinstall process and on trying to login get the message "we could not log you in".

All this happened prior to discovering that the TCU was not switched on.

Dealer finally managed to switch on the TCU this morning and I still cannot login, not sure I should try unistalling and the reinstalling the app.

Mellorshark

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz EX
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2020, 08:02:17 AM »
I had similar problems.  Many attempts before it worked.  I can't see any problem with deleting the app and starting afresh. I found it required patience and persistence.
I installed the app on a second phone and it took many attempts to get the verification successful. Good luck.

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2020, 06:50:30 PM »
I had a call from my dealer to make an appointment (we agreed Monday 5th Oct) for them to enable the telemetry on my Crosstar.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2020, 05:24:12 PM »
Received an OTP (one-time passcode) on Friday from HCSS which I had to send back to them (to prove my identity), which then allows them to reset my account.

HCSS contacted me this afternoon to say my account has been reset and I should now login and complete installing MyHonda+ which I have just completed.

Went through the process, received an email wlecoming me to MyHonda+, but I seem to be stuck on the manage subscriptions window with the following message "Your subscriptions are activiating."

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2020, 11:11:12 AM »
Finally got MyHonda+ working last night, went for a wee run this morning to record a journey to check it out.

Does anyone who has got MyHonda+ working have an idea how to activate geo-fencing and send destination to sat nav as I cannot find any info.

Steve_M

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2024 Jazz Crosstar e:HEV
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2020, 11:55:01 AM »
Here's a video that should help you

Otherwise there are some FAQ for My Honda+ here.
https://www.honda.co.uk/cars/owners/my-honda-plus/frequently-asked-questions.html

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2020, 06:36:33 PM »
My connectivity is now working. I'm not happy that the free Safety and Journey subscription is for one year from the vehicle registration date and not from when it was activated. That merits a complaint to Honda Customer Care. The Core Connectivity subscription is valid until 14 October 2028. I wonder why Honda chose that date and what happens when it arrives?

The dealer left me the attached instructions to help get My Honda+ working. I had previously set up My Honda+ on my phone so the main steps were: (i) Start up the app and log in; (ii) enter the vehicle VIN and confirm it appeared to be the right vehicle (model type and colour is shown); (iii) connect to the vehicle where the app tells the server to send a PIN to the vehicle (iv) sit in vehicle, fasten seat belt, turn on ignition andwait for the PIN. After a few minutes there was a notification on the big screen that I've been sent a message which can be opened by tapping on the notification; then (iv) selecting the subscription options. I declined the Honda Personal Assistant (£49 per year) while the only feature of Safety & Journey I'm likely to use is the locator if it brings down the vehicle insurance (or maybe I'll get more forgetful with age and appreciate help in finding the car!). I'm wondering where the data subscription for the mobile hotspot is hiding, although I'll have little use for that feature. Perhaps Honda will add further features in due course.

[attachment deleted by admin]
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2020, 09:00:20 PM »
John,

Fired off an email last week to Sophie Woodman HCS when I finally managed to MyHonda+ working, will wait to the end of next week for a reply and if no reply fire off an email to the new Honda UK managing director.

Raised the issue of the Safety & Subscription valid for one year from registration and not from date of getting MyHonda+ operating.

Also put a claim in for compensation for having to travel to my dealer 3 times before getting the TCU set to normal my dealer is a 25 mile round trip. eCall uses the TCU therefore it has already been switched on but only to operate wirh eCall.

BigRon

• Approved Member
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2020, 09:18:48 PM »
Came across a little error in the journey information where it gives min/max speed etc, it gives average fuel consumption as mph weird.

Austriaman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Crosstar
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2020, 05:15:14 PM »
Have any Jazz 4 owners got working traffic updates on Navigation?My dealer has no info about it. They have a call in to Tech. Services and are awaiting reply.
You probably heard by now, traffic info not currently supported in the UK, according to my dealer. Android Auto works fine, though.

Tags: