Author Topic: Integra Type R DC2 in RARE Pheonix yellow  (Read 9612 times)

DaddyC

Integra Type R DC2 in RARE Pheonix yellow
« on: September 13, 2009, 01:43:35 PM »
Well after a lot of debate back and forth, ive decided to sell up my pride and joy after over 2 great years of trouble free fun ownership... Any of you reading this will know the usual things about 98 soec Integra's, so i'll not need to go into it, but as for anything else, well here we go......

Car in question is a Dec 99 rare Phoenix yellow JDM Integra Type R with even rarer yellow recaro interior and yellow stitched gaitors/rear seats. Car has currently 49k on the clock (34k in km's then was converted to read in MPH thereafter, so works out about 36k miles overall), MOT'd till middle of April 2010, taxed to end of Sep 09. The car has recently had a full respray and rare (over here) original Honda USDM optional kit fitted, compromising of skirts and rear spats (had interior valeted after respray also). So as you would expect, the car is in excellent condition exterior wise with the engine bay and interior also living up to that expectation with the low mileage. No dents or not a speck of rust anywhere on it, even before the respray, genuinely, which a few folk on here can vouch for after seeing it in person :)

Mechanically the car is 100% perfect and has never given me any problem whatsoever (unless you count 2 bulbs blowing and having to replace the original battery). None of the usual synchro problems that can appear in these and changes very smoothly, especially with the gearbox oil replaced at every service, no clutch issues, no handling issues etc, cannot fault it whatsoever that way and is never ragged about like an R plater who's passed their test lol!!! Infact, it rarely even gets VTAK'd y0 if im honest, its a bit of a waste on the car as it just pretty much gets used to and from work and only the odd long journey, should live its life better than that IMO... Its treated like a wee baby and no-one is allowed to eat or drink in it even lol!!! Never been smoked in and doesnt look as if the jap owner smoked either as the lighter looks virtually untouched :O

The car has no JDM service history with it, but shows no sign of negligence (as if you would with a rare car like this!) judging by the way the gearbox feels so smooth and no knocks or bangs out of anything ever!!! Few folk i know have these or have been around Hondas have commented on how tight mine feels actually :) Sine i have owned the car, i have kept a full service of oils, filter and timing belt done shortly after i bought the car (34k), it was then serviced again at 42k with oils and filters and  serviced again at 46k with oils and filter (all oil filters have been HAMP and gearbox oil is Land Rover MTF which is rated as the best for these).

Car will go as it sits and anything that has been stripped out of the interior will also go with the car amongst anything i can lay my hands on that is stored in the attic. I do not have the original wheels, brakes, suspension or anything big like that before anyone asks, its all mainly silly things or interior bits. Anyways on to the list of things that have been changed or added to the car :)

* Spoon height/dampner adjustable coilovers
* Buddyclub P1 camber adjustables front & rear
* Dixcel discs & pads front and rear
* Spoon calipers
* Regamaster Evo's (same as SW388) recently refurbished and sprayed a satin black
* Ultralite blue wheel nuts
* Yokohama Advan AO43 215/45 tyres with good tread front & rear
* Rare genuine Honda optional skirts and rear spats
* Dixon Motor Sport Spoon copy carbon fibre front lip
* J's racing carbon fibre duct
* full respray in original PY56 colour
* front numberplate smoothed out of front bumper
* rear Integra insignia smoothed from rear bumper
* bootlock smoothed from rear panel
* external aerial smoothed out from body and replaced by internal aerial
* genuine Honda type R stickers used side and rear
* genuine Honda windscreen rubbers and rain drain rubbers replaced
* genuine red H badges front and rear replaced
* a lot of silly internal screws and clips replaced with genuine Honda replacements
* genuine Honda DOHC vtec & LSD decals replaced
* HID white sidelights and silvertec indicator bulbs added to headlights
* Spoon carbon fibre mirrors
* Spoon b-pipe mated to Spoon Street backbox
* rocker cover resprayed in a Spoon yellow theme
* Spoon carbon fibre spark plug cover
* Spoon reservoir socks
* Spoon engine torque dampner (on a Honda? :P)
* Cusco brake cylinder stopper
* Spoon drop in filter
* Spoon radiator cap
* Spoon front strut braces
* Spoon steering wheel (original Momo yellow stitched wheel supplied)
* speedo dials changed to read MPH & KM/H, but to make this work means the car is restricted, but never bother me as im never in the 3 figures), have original clocks to go with car
* Kenwood double din headunit
* upgraded Kenwood speakers front & rear
* Spoon rear strut brace
* rear 3 widows professionally tinted in a medium smoke for that JDM y0 look :P
* 2 seperate alarm systems for extra security (call me paraniod if you wish lol)
* 2 genuine Integra type R keys
* Honda service history booklet
* Professionally undersealed

Bits as standard on this car include:

* no 3rd rear brake light
* no ABS
* no airbags
* no rear parcel shelf
  (the above were delete options for JDM y0 weight saving lol)
* electric windows
* central locking which works remotely with alarm
* Integra Type R embossed floormats that are still in great condition
* rare yellow recaro's and yellow stitched gear gaitor
* OEM aluminium gear knob

Im sure ive forgotten about a lot of things, buts i'll add any i forget. But as you can see, the car has been spared no expense as it would be a waste to put cheap bits or copies of things all over the car given what it is. I always said i would never ever sell this car as it is such a good overall package and something a wee bit different, but sadly things never go to plan and i intend using my money for other things sadly :(

Suppose i should say the bad points, as any car has them regardless of how immaculate some folk try to make their car out!!! The surround of the headunit falls off on bumps (bloody annoying). Wee tear about the size of your baby fingernail of the passenger doorcard. When reversing you hear the brake pads moving about in the Spoon calipers (common problem with any non Spoon pads even thought its only literally a mil difference). Slight sqeak coming from front driver side pad when braking (seems to be dependant on weather oddly, just needs a touch of grease which i'll fire in if it stops raining :x). Very small wee odd scrape round where the headunit is taken out/in. Small nick the length of a fingernail on steering wheel leather. One of the side Integra Type R decals is for a black car and has a slightly different colouring, this was given to me by accident, but i only noticed after a couple of months as you wouldnt really notice unless pointed out... Can get pics of all for those wanting to see, just being picky but honest really...

Im only posting it up on a couple of places as i would like an enthusiast to take the car and not some wee glipe who will turn it into a barry boys special and end up doing a re-enactment of the indian Pugeot 206 advert.

Just as a side note, this is the only one in Northern Ireland, there is 3 in the Republic of Ireland and about 6 (if even) in Great Britain and this is 1 of 3 with a yellow interior, so be apart of an 'elite' club :P

Price for such a rare (in the Integra world) well looked after motor is £9'750. However, if you are one of these folk who really really cannot warm to the yellow seats (need to be seen in the flesh), i can do a deal to put a red or black interior in dependant on which you prefer and knock a few quid off. But i'll cross that bridge if it arises as you would really be taking away something from the car IMO. I MAY part ex with the likes of a Jazz Sport, A3 tdi, mk4 Golf Anniversary diesel. No high milers, scrap, Vauxhall or french thanks (could be in same category as scrap perhaps lol :P ). Try me, who knows.

Car is located just outside of Belfast, but i can pick any folk up from planes/boats as all are only a few miles from me :)

A history of the car can be seen here: http://www.itr-dc2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=686397#686397

Thanks, Gary

DaddyC

Re: Integra Type R DC2 in RARE Pheonix yellow
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 01:09:36 PM »
SOLD :(

Tags:

anything