Author Topic: Bought another one.  (Read 7690 times)

Eddie Honda

• Approved Member
    • Jazz No1 fuel consumption
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: 2005 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7 & 2006 1.4i-DSI SE CVT-7
Bought another one.
« on: July 02, 2015, 02:40:15 PM »
Well after the last one got a bit bent (see here), another SE has been added to the stable.

IMG_20150701_160607_911 by macplaxton, on Flickr

Rather, er, yellow after the dull grey one 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Yes, it needs some work, but it was cheap(er) than similar facelift GD1s - a factor that also made me forgive the hole in the roof, not something I'm a big fan of.

guest4324

Re: Bought another one.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 05:35:38 PM »
Looks good from the photo. Sunroofs are quite rare over here for some reason, the last one I had was on a Peugeot 306 years ago (The biggest piece of c**p I've ever owned) and it leaked every time it rained or was washed, but I'm sure the Jazz is better!

Eddie Honda

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 06:18:51 PM »
It's a 30 footer / 10 metre car.  ;)  I'll get some proper pictures of the battlescars later as it spent the last 7 years living in West London.

Re-registered yesterday, new plates on it and online taxed today.

guest5505

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 09:53:44 PM »
Nice colour, and sunroofs are handy ! Didn't realise there was a facelift on the GD1, when was that and what did it consist of?

Eddie Honda

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 11:53:22 PM »
2005 MY - instruments, bumpers, headlamps, SE with indicators on mirrors, SE alloys, colours, air filter different.

Two hurdles to overcome - knackered CVT reverse and airbag light I haven't managed to reset yet. Worst case scenario is to rob the CVT and the SRS control from the other one.

CVT fluid has been drained/refilled once prior to driving it back. Reverse inhibitor solenoid has been swapped. Car will reverse on flat, but any throttle or uphill and it's slip-tastic. Identical problem to this: http://clubjazz.org/forum/index.php?topic=2059.0 Don't have an issue pulling it apart if necessary. Next plan is to do a pressure check on the transmission hydraulics to see what the reading is for the Reverse brake (clutch). If low it could be the reverse inhibitor valve itself inside the manual valve body might be stuck or the reverse brake itself will want looking at (plates, spring or leaky o-rings causing the clutch pack to separate with loss of pressure). Shouldn't need to do a full teardown, just pop off the end cover and inspect those two areas.

Forward motion in D, S and L are all perfect. Start clutch has zero judder, smooth as.

I've tried reading blink codes from the SRS lamp. Nothing. I've tried resetting and it doesn't even blink its way out of that. Comes on with the ignition and stays on, never even momentarily going out even during MES plug shorting. :( It did have a flat battery when I collected it (replaced since), which may / may not be the cause of the light tripping, but I'll just have to work through everything methodically as it needs to go in for its annual test now.

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 09:02:32 AM »
Dunno if its the camera but that yellow seems quite dull?

Eddie Honda

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 02:11:16 PM »
I think it's a bit of both Garyman. I'll try a different camera (when I get said camera back).

The paint has faded a little bit, you can see the difference between the paint behind the number plate and the around it. Still, I don't thing finding it in any car park will be an issue  ;D

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 04:07:55 PM »
Still, I don't thing finding it in any car park will be an issue  ;D
That was part of my logic in buying a bright green Jazz. The bright colour also makes the vehicle more visible for other motorists. I personally think that grey cars should be banned because they most easily merge into their surroundings and are thereby a safety hazard.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest4324

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 07:18:17 PM »
Sat at the traffic lights yesterday with the Mrs and daughter reading off colours of cars driving past:
Black, silver, silver, white, silver, black, white, oh, a blue car, silver, white etc. I almost feel like a rebel sometimes in our cerulean blue, although I have noticed several other manufacturers starting to use this colour lately.

guest907

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 05:03:14 PM »
That was part of my logic in buying a bright green Jazz. The bright colour also makes the vehicle more visible for other motorists. I personally think that grey cars should be banned because they most easily merge into their surroundings and are thereby a safety hazard.

Colours I've had:-
Ice Blue, Steel Grey (x2), Chiffon Green, Cerulean Blue, Crystal Black...and the only one to be accident damaged on the M6 by a left hand drive truck (and the ba***** drove off) and written off.........Steel Grey!

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 05:11:39 PM »
i was tempted by the storm silver when i was getting my jazz but i'm glad i picked my first choice of deep sapphire blue pearl after what you have been saying 

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 09:06:58 PM »
Had three vehicles pull out in front of my storm silver Jazz in the last two weeks, two of which were close enough for the ABS to kick in.

Eddie Honda

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 12:03:18 AM »
Airbag light issue sorted - it was the SRS control module. Will book a test now.

(@Garyman: Received my camera back in the post today. Dunno when the sun is going to shine though  ;) )

Garyman

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 ES
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2015, 10:13:17 AM »

(@Garyman: Received my camera back in the post today. Dunno when the sun is going to shine though  ;) )

LOL- i look forward seeing some nicer pictures  :P

guest5562

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2015, 10:47:48 AM »
My daughter (who owns the Jazz) would have loved that yellow. Her Jazz is the mint opal green met which is equal favourite with yellow but we didn't see any yellow ones for sale.

One of the problems we had finding a Jazz was her colour choice had to fit in with my decision the car was a decent one!

Do you have your own code reader to sort the airbag? I have a vehicle specific handheld one for the two family Polos I look after and a laptop based one for my own car. I'd been wondering about one for the Honda.

Tags: