Author Topic: remote locking stopped working, clicking under dashboard - pls help  (Read 2193 times)

guest4952

Hi,

I am new here, so excuse me if I am posting in wrong thread, I wanted to post in Electrics but its read only.

My remote stopped working (work only randomly) and when I open the car I can hear realy clicking inside as well as alarm sound is on randomly as the relay clicks. It is not original remote locking system, it is Codemaster that I got installed about 3 months ago. I traced the clicking and found the relay in black box from remote locking system. I replaced the relay but the problem remains. It worked for few days and went off again. So I bet the problem will be somewhere else.

Any ideas where to look for? What it can be? It is very annoing and my manual door lock for drivers door is not working so without the remote I always have to lock/unlock my car through the lock either on the boot of the car or passengers side which is real pain.

Can anyone help? Thanks for all ideas.

Thank you very much

guest4078

• Topic Starter
Re: remote locking stopped working, clicking under dashboard - pls help
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »
Hi.
Have you tried codemaster for support? They might give you some advice. Also, there may be some threads on other forums where people have fitted the same or similar kit, try a google. If not, you could try your local friendly auto-electrician.

guest4952

• Topic Starter
Re: remote locking stopped working, clicking under dashboard - pls help
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 09:18:11 AM »
thanks for info, I will try that

Tags: