Author Topic: Turning off Indicator "single tap" feature.  (Read 7597 times)

guest3208

Turning off Indicator "single tap" feature.
« on: September 11, 2013, 10:38:13 PM »
Is it possible to turn off the "tap" feature that turns the indicators on for just 2 or 3 blinks?

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
Re: Turning off Indicator "single tap" feature.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 07:21:36 AM »
Nothing in the book about this
If music be the food of love, play on

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 09:38:04 AM »
I've had Skoda Fabia and Vauxhall Corsa courtesy cars with this feature and it took some getting used to.

chrisc

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 12:22:07 PM »
Think of it as a positive attribute, not a nuisance, then you won't accidentally touch the lever.  I find most other drivers so fast asleep that they take no notice of a flashing indicator that only switches on and off 3 times.

Defender

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2011 1.4 EX CVT
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 08:04:40 AM »
I like this feature, previous cars have had it and I miss it when it's not available, great for lane changing on M-ways etc :).
2011 1.4 EX CVT in Metalic Mushroom (Urban Titanium).

guest3775

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 10:11:30 AM »
I like this feature,its great for lane changing on motorways.i have no reason to turn it off.[i
Code: [Select]
[/font]i]
:o
[/i]

guest1232

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 02:52:32 PM »
Most cars have it these days and it works fine for me.

chrisc

• Approved Member
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 04:10:47 PM »
I like this feature, previous cars have had it and I miss it when it's not available, great for lane changing on M-ways etc :).

It is nice to hear of such responsible driving that you actually indicate your intention to change lanes.  90% of the drivers here just swing the wheel and expect you to brake sharply.  Another favourite is when you are driving down the street and there is a car waiting at a stop street, when you are about 25 metres away he just pulls out.  Could not possibly wait the extra 5 seconds for me to drive past, oh no, that might hold him up

Defender

• Approved Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 08:22:41 PM »
It is nice to hear of such responsible driving that you actually indicate your intention to change lanes.  90% of the drivers here just swing the wheel and expect you to brake sharply.  Another favourite is when you are driving down the street and there is a car waiting at a stop street, when you are about 25 metres away he just pulls out.  Could not possibly wait the extra 5 seconds for me to drive past, oh no, that might hold him up

Thank you Chris, I hope was taught to drive correctly.
What gets me is that some people think that by putting on an indicator gives them the right to drive into the space you currently occupy and it's down to you to do any and everything to get out of their way ???

chrisc

• Approved Member
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 08:14:58 PM »
Certain ladies who wear head-scarves in public are known to believe that Allah has given them the right to behave exactly as you mention, and if you dare to object, act with amazed astonishment.

I watched such a lady in her Hummer mount the pavement and squash a small tree since a parking space had appeared in the adjacent lane in a shopping complex and she didn't want the bother of driving around the regular road like us conventional folks do

guest1232

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 02:27:08 PM »
In some ways I am glad I don't live in SA. However, the habit of expecting all else to stop while you drive like a cock is now worldwide I feel.
Try driving in India, it's easy, you just allow the biggest vehicle to go first no matter what the signs and lines might say, at least everybody knows what's going to happen!

chrisc

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 05:02:23 PM »
I was the most impressed by Australian drivers.  Polite, no speeding, aware of their surroundings and stopped for pedestrians

Defender

• Approved Member
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2013, 02:15:22 PM »
Certain ladies who wear head-scarves in public are known to believe that Allah has given them the right to behave exactly as you mention, and if you dare to object, act with amazed astonishment.
I watched such a lady in her Hummer mount the pavement and squash a small tree since a parking space had appeared in the adjacent lane in a shopping complex and she didn't want the bother of driving around the regular road like us conventional folks do

I have always thought that they were trusting in the power of 'The Force' :o, or something similar?

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 08:33:15 PM »
i would love to turn off single tap feature - when you go around a corner with say LH indicator on, when the indicator stalk auto returns to centre it often overshoots and the RH indicator comes on for 3 blinks - it is very annoying and could be dangerous.
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

chrisc

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 11:25:57 AM »
Mine did that once or twice.  I squirted some (very small amount of) silicon lubricant into the crack at the bottom of the housing and it stopped

Tags:

anything