Author Topic: off side front window  (Read 5371 times)

guest4225

off side front window
« on: August 19, 2013, 05:29:36 PM »
My 2007GE O/S/F window has an intermittent problem. All other windows always work O.K. The prob. is when I raise the window sometimes the window will raise fully and then drop back and stop half way down. After several repetitions of this the wndow behaves and stays up.
A right pain when it's raining. All help is welcome. Thanks. 

guest2662

• Topic Starter
Re: off side front window
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 06:18:26 PM »
just a thought, have you got anything stuck in the top of the channel? I-e wind deflector clips, this would make the window open again,its meant to do that if something is caught in the window, I-e fingers.

Pugsley

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2017 JAZZ EX NAVI I-VTEC
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 06:30:10 PM »
I had exactly the same problem on my 2008 Jazz.  The mechanics could find nothing wrong during servicing and in the end I mastered it by closing it in a specific way. I know that sounds a bit mysterious but I had to pull the window button up with the forefinger whilst applying pressure downwards on the top of the switch. Hours of endless fun but once mastered it worked every time.

I did wonder with mine whether the previous owner had got a bit of parking ticket caught in it, but never did find out.

VicW

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 07 Plate Civic 1.8 i-Shift.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »
My GD had a similar problem and it was solved by spraying WD40 into the window channels to provide a bit of lubricant.
It was caused by the glass being sticky in the runners and the safety cut-out system operating that senses something being caught in the window when it shuts.

Vic.

D3DSL

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 57 Jazz SE + 11 Jazz ES CVT :)
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 08:39:36 PM »
Had this also on a GD.  Reported it to the dealer to sort but he said no fault found.  Strangely it didn't reoccur after that.

John Marshall

• Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 07:37:14 PM »
I had a similar problem with mine. A spray of lubricant in the window channels cured it.
John

guest4225

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 09:14:16 PM »
Thank you for your replies.
I tried lubricant in the chanel--No change
Like an idiot I tried putting a finger above the raising window to see if it would be sensed and the window go down.  It didn't and it jambed my finger very hard and nearly broke it, untill I got the switch to take the window down and release me.  I offer this as a warning to others!
I think it rulled out a chanerl problem.

chrisc

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2012 1.4 manual
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 07:52:54 AM »
I think it is the contacts in the switch.  Wife's BMW used to do this and I found after disassembling the switch that the one pivot on the rocker was broken.  So when you partially lifted it, the incorrect terminal made contact.  I drilled it out and inserted a brass ferrule into the rocker and it was fixed.  A replacement "switch assembly" would have cost = £105
If music be the food of love, play on

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 11:38:48 AM »
I would have thought that the squashed finger test indicates a dodgy sensor that, when working correctly, is meant to detect something trapped at the top of the window. In your test it didn't work while at other times the friction in the guides is sufficient to trigger it.

John
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

guest2662

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 12:01:25 PM »
that's the sort of thing delboy would do finger in the window, should have used a pencil  ;)

guest907

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 06:15:51 PM »
Use a carrot...its a better finger size!

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 10:08:10 PM »
I`ve had a similar problem and found out when the windows was rising or lowering it was tilting a little bit and that was causing jamming the window when it was rising. I got the door panel off and adjusted the window in its bracket and the problem was solved.

Tags:

anything