Author Topic: fan clicking  (Read 3079 times)

monkeydave

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 68 Plate Jazz S White Orchid Pearl
fan clicking
« on: July 17, 2013, 05:20:29 PM »
anyone else get a ticking noise when on face position only with the a/c 

there is no noise on any other positions and it is there with or without the a/c on and is only really noticeable on 3 and 4 speeds

it sounds like a wire is hitting the fan
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 05:22:03 PM by monkeydave »

guest2662

Re: fan clicking
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 06:11:00 PM »
maybe it is a wire hitting the fan have you looked? d.r.lights wire or something fitted aftermarket.

guest3793

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 10:49:56 PM »
I think the fan is quite easy to remove. You would be able to check for any foreign material (leaves, although they shouldn't get past the pollen filter).

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 11:19:35 PM »
is it easy to get to and can i see the fan without taking any dashboard parts off?

is it best to get to it under the passenger or drivers footwell?

and no it is all standard with no aftermarket parts

it goes away straight away as soon as i take it of face vents (full left) and is ok on ever other position so i dont think it is leaves in the fan more like the switch that controls the vents or the cable that moves it hitting the fan
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 11:42:19 PM by monkeydave »

culzean

• Approved Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 06:32:39 PM »
if it was a wire hitting fan why does it only do it on face vents ? and if a wire was hitting the fan at speed 3 or 4 it would not tick, it would be a continuous noise.

IMHO the centrifugal fan is too well sealed for anything to hit the blades,  try closing of the centre vents one at a time as it may be one of the guide vents loose and flapping when the air goes past it
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:20:57 PM by culzean »
Some people will only consider you an expert if they agree with your point of view or advice,  when you give them advice they don't like they consider you an idiot

monkeydave

• Topic Starter
  • Approved Member
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2013, 10:36:41 PM »
if it was a wire hitting fan why does it only do it on face vents ? and if a wire was hitting the fan at speed 3 or 4 it would not tick, it would be a continuous noise.

IMHO the centrifugal fan is too well sealed for anything to hit the blades,  try closing of the centre vents one at a time as it may be one of the guide vents loose and flapping when the air goes past it

thanks i will try that, it does sound like the top centre of the dash is where the noise is coming from

Tags: