Author Topic: Leak from left underside just behind front wheel  (Read 3490 times)

guest3355

Leak from left underside just behind front wheel
« on: July 15, 2013, 12:37:40 PM »
I got to work this morning and noticed a large puddle under the front left side of the car. Seems like water (clear and doesn't particularly smell of anything). I've had a look and it seems to be dripping down from the area marked on pic below.

Any idea where this might be coming from?

The car's a 2005 SE Sport.

guest3735

• Topic Starter
Re: Leak from left underside just behind front wheel
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2013, 02:45:01 PM »
if you had the air conditioning on, then it's nothing to worry about. however that usually forms a puddle at the front of the car, just inside from the left wheel. maybe it is this.....

guest3895

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2013, 03:52:17 PM »
It happened to me a couple of weeks ago - worried me until I realised it was the A/C - thought it might have been some vital fluid.

Geoff

guest3355

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 06:43:41 PM »
Thanks. That's put my mind at rest. Didn't realise the A/C would leave puddles everywhere on the road and it was a BIG puddle, but then it's been pretty hot the last few days.

guest3735

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 04:37:16 AM »
if the puddle is just water then it's probably this.... the condensor and evaporator are just behind the wheel; works exactly like a fridge... so when the cold air hits the hot.... it condenses. result, water. caught my mum out with her first jazz.
might be worth parking up and making it happen, just to confirm it.

Tags: