Author Topic: Is this unusual?  (Read 3180 times)

guest1262

Is this unusual?
« on: May 22, 2013, 07:28:09 PM »
During a service last year a smear of oil was found on the gearbox of 2010 Jazz EX. By appointment, free of charge, the gearbox was removed and checked. A bung (as I remember) was replaced.

During a service a few weeks ago a smear of oil was found on the gearbox. By appointment, tomorrow, free of charge, the gearbox will be removed and checked again. They tell me it's what Honda do to retain the never fail reputation of their engines - a good reason to use Honda dealers for servicing.

Is this unusual? Has anybody had the same experience?

guest3793

• Topic Starter
Re: Is this unusual?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 07:54:27 AM »
Going back a few years  :o  The Honda Concerto had issues with the ignition module in the dizzy. As a result Honda replaced all the modules to prevent the cars from failing on the road. This was excellent.
On the other side the Rover 216, which had the same system also had the same problem. Rover decided not to replace the module and this caused a lot of breakdowns ove the next few years.
I would think it is still the same, they wouldn't want to lose their reputation.

JazzyB

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2007 Jazz 1.4 Sport Manual (Japanese built)
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 08:54:34 AM »
Well they didn't replace any on mine.

I replaced at least two myself.

guest1262

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 08:15:22 PM »
I quote: 'Lab. We reported last visit slight oil leak from gearbox - inspect vehicle for leak - found leak not from gearbox but from driveshaft oil seal - supply and fit new N/S/F driveshaft seal. All OK'.

They did contact me for approval before fitting the new seal. If it had been the engine leaking and needing to be fixed it seems there would have been no charge. But the driveshaft is not the engine so my wallet is now £75.05 lighter.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 08:26:47 PM »
Going back a few years  :o  The Honda Concerto had issues with the ignition module in the dizzy. As a result Honda replaced all the modules to prevent the cars from failing on the road. This was excellent.
On the other side the Rover 216, which had the same system also had the same problem. Rover decided not to replace the module and this caused a lot of breakdowns ove the next few years.

It's amazing Rover never went bust.....;)

Tags:

anything