Author Topic: Aftermarket armrest  (Read 3891 times)

guest3469

Aftermarket armrest
« on: November 01, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »
Ive just bought my Jazz ES and its the first car Ive owned in years without a centre armrest.   Have many people fitted them, does the non tilting one restrict the handbrake, is the Armster one worth the additional money over an ebay one?

guest3250

• Topic Starter
Re: Aftermarket armrest
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 07:04:42 AM »
I would want one that can be folded up/tilted
Having said that - my armrest is down most of the time  - almost all the time in fact

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 08:04:39 AM »
I am not very keen on the fixed console type of armrest, which tends to restrict access to the seat belt anchors, but would like a simple swivel one like the EX spec version.

Anyone know if the EX swivel one can be attached to an ES seat? I am thinking there might be anchor nut under the seat fabric.

Thanks

stiggysawdust

• Approved Member
  • 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonb
    • Radio control model car racing
  • My Honda: 2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »
I am not very keen on the fixed console type of armrest, which tends to restrict access to the seat belt anchors, but would like a simple swivel one like the EX spec version.

Anyone know if the EX swivel one can be attached to an ES seat? I am thinking there might be anchor nut under the seat fabric.

Thanks

Personnally I find the armrest on my EX a bit too narrow and therefore not very comfortabl and I am seriously considering buying an aftermarket one. Just can't make my mind up which one and I will have to remove the one that is fitted now.
2020 Honda Jazz 1.5 i-MMD Hybrid EX Midnight Moonbeam Blue Metallic

uovouvou

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2009 1.4 EX with Premium Pack
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 11:41:10 PM »
I've got the EX with the fold down armrest, it doesn't get in the way of the handbrake however neither is it a large armrest.  I'd look at an EX model at a dealers and see if it's for you first.  If so, it's probably easier to buy an entire EX driver's seat from a similar aged car in a scrapyard (the trim pattern is the same as the ES) then you've got the option of swapping the seat over if you find that you haven't got the appropriate fixings for the armrest.  At least the seat covers are zipped on and thus should be pretty easy to remove from the back of the seat.

guest3469

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2013, 09:54:07 PM »
I ended up buying one similar to the Armster one from Hongkong, through ebay.  It has a storage section, is adjustable for angle and length plus tilts up fully.  It does restrict access to the handbrake, but tbh after a while you just work around it. Its not as solid as an oem one. I'd give it 8.5 out of 10, but regardless, wouldnt be without it

mikebore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2016 1.3 Mk 3 SE CVT
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2013, 04:30:19 PM »
  If so, it's probably easier to buy an entire EX driver's seat from a similar aged car in a scrapyard (the trim pattern is the same as the ES) then you've got the option of swapping the seat over if you find that you haven't got the appropriate fixings for the armrest.  At least the seat covers are zipped on and thus should be pretty easy to remove from the back of the seat.

Thanks...good suggestions!

Tags: