Author Topic: My DC5 :(  (Read 10422 times)

guest3121

My DC5 :(
« on: March 08, 2012, 11:44:15 AM »
Some Pics of my DC5 after I crashed it! I'll try and find Pics before I crashed it!
Just looking at it again...geez..I was so lucky to walk from that!!

It's now been sold!

Was a nice car, but a bit too fast on a damp road, and a little diesel spill on the road meant it was pushing up daisies!

It had Spoon progessive lowering springs, Full Type R Interior, Push Button Start, Rear Parcel Shelf, Privacy Glass, K&N Induction kit, EP3 Wheels, DC Sports Cat Back exhaust - it was my pride and joy,  and I had some great times in it! Oh well, onward and upward in my lovely economical Jazz! Pictures of it to follow soon!!

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: My DC5 :(
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 09:11:19 PM »
Nice car, shame about the damage but glad to hear you are OK.

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:14:52 AM »
Beautiful integra... shame about the bump, as richard say's though, as long as you are ok, thats the main thing! looking forward to seeing some pre-damage pics of it....  was it a total write off??

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 10:01:53 AM »
Beautiful integra... shame about the bump, as richard say's though, as long as you are ok, thats the main thing! looking forward to seeing some pre-damage pics of it....  was it a total write off??

Yea, it was..I really loved it! Will have pics up soon, prob this evening!
Well..this is the fun part..I was only insured third party, fire and theft on it :( So I couldn't claim anything on it from the insurance company - and that means I was big time out of pocket letting it go for the price I did! I reckon they would've put it down as a write off, and to be honest, even if I did have the patience,time and money to fix it again, it never would've driven the same! I nearly cried seeing it go off though, was terrible!  :'(

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 11:22:57 AM »
I think i would have cried too!.... well, at least you have fond memories of it... and you love your jazz and also the money you are saving on fill ups... and lack of!!  ;)

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 12:09:20 PM »
I think i would have cried too!.... well, at least you have fond memories of it... and you love your jazz and also the money you are saving on fill ups... and lack of!!  ;)

Too right!! And road Tax! It was over €600 for the Teg!! It's about €350 for the Jazz! :)
First full tank of juice, and I have about 420-430 miles combined driving on it!! If I was lucky I would get ~320 out of the DC5  :o

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 12:32:00 PM »
600!! :o yikes!! even 350 EURO'S? is expensive, i take it the road tax is much more on the emerald isle? my jazz ES is only £95 for the year.. although the wifes GD is slightly more at £115... you are getting great MPG from your jazz...  :D

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 02:54:23 PM »
600!! :o yikes!! even 350 EURO'S? is expensive, i take it the road tax is much more on the emerald isle? my jazz ES is only £95 for the year.. although the wifes GD is slightly more at £115... you are getting great MPG from your jazz...  :D

Yes, I know..€600, it really was extortionate.. Driving a car in Ireland is not cheap at all. Road tax is/was based on the size of a cars engine, I think the cut off point was 3500cc at which the price was in or around 2K for the year!
The Department of Transport, in their infinite wisdom, subsequently changed the system slightly for a more green initiative, so if your car had lower CO2 emissions, you benefited from lower tax - e.g, a low carbon diesel from '08 on would only pay €150 regardless of engine size. BUT they recently scrapped this as they felt the environment wasn't important enough anymore as it doesn't facilitate their cash flow, or more accurately, loss of!
Petrol is roughly €1.60 a litre now; that coupled with more expensive road tax (as of November 2011, ~15% more on average), less competitive insurance quotes (I pay €560 / annum for my Jazz (albeit down from €950 for the Integra)), and a lovely ILLEGAL tax we have here called VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax, basically a moniker for Import Duty), it probably makes Ireland one of the most expensive countries in Europe to run a car in..
We also have a great habit of ripping each other off, so if you need to get work done on the car, expect to pay big bucks for that too!!
All in all, the only saving grace is that my car runs on fresh air! :D Yea, it's smashing MPG; it would be better, only the wheels a little bit bigger that standard, and so are using that little bit extra, but it's still awesome! What's your own MPG?

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 04:07:49 PM »
Blimey! remind me not to ever moan about blighty again!! that is indeed extortionate!!!  my current indicated MPG is showing at 48.5 which is mostly town driving with only a short dual carriageway run... more like 51.0 on the motorway, i have not been letting it run down much past the 0 miles remaining on the clock.. its around £1.36 a litre here at the moment and i have been doing 340 miles off £46 thats been giving the car a bit of ummff!  i have been taking my time on this fill up and i am hoping for more like 370 this time... if i ran it into the reserve, quite a bit over 400...

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 09:44:22 AM »
Cool, that's great MPG for town driving, with a little dual carriageway..
I filled up on the way home from work on Friday, and it took 43 litres!!! Cost €70 though :/ So it was completely empty and the little bit in the nozzle too.. But I got about 450 miles out of it..so I was happy with that!

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »
450?? Now that is good... you must have been light footing it to get that mpg? i am still running on my tank at the moment after driving a lot gingerly this month, it will be interesting to see the difference in being extra careful...  ;D

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 05:25:27 PM »
Well, it was really running on fumes, like almost dry it was that empty! I gave it the boot once or twice, but that's it really! Tend to take it easy to be honest, after the accident im a little bit more cautious on the road, and I like to get my moneys worth from my fuel! :P I really want to go on a long long run to see if I can get 500 miles from the tank - go at an even 50 - 60 MPH and see how far I get before re-fuelling! This is a far cry from my last car..it's taking me some getting used to! :D

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 08:03:47 PM »
 ;D you sound like a lad on my grifter forum! his has a nice SEAT ibiza, white with black alloys.. quite sporty and he bought his wife a jazz on my recommendation, when he get's behind the wheel. He is trying., like us, to get the MPG as high as he can!!  :D it's like a challenge!! when i had my civic, i did'nt really care, i just drove it how i wanted!!  :)

guest3121

• Topic Starter
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 11:39:05 AM »
Hahaha - yea, it's like I'm making up for the lack of speed by convincing myself its ok because I'm saving a tonne of money! :D I had a civic before the Integra, and I was the same as you - just drove and didn't worry about it, and tbh it didn't really make much of a difference whether I drove it like it was stolen or not, I still got about 330 - 350 miles from a tank! :)

guest2898

• Topic Starter
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 02:39:38 PM »
Lol, well, judging by my fuel light just coming on and the mileage i have done, i have probably gained about  10.... 15 miles, tops on this tank... So i am going back to driving it how i like again!!  ;) lol.

Tags: