Author Topic: Drivers window switch and the Honda recall  (Read 2016 times)

guest2373

Drivers window switch and the Honda recall
« on: July 25, 2011, 08:31:34 AM »
Hello,

1st post here :) I need a bit of advice regarding the drivers window switch. Basically to cut a long story short I took it into Honda for the recall and the Auto function of the drivers side switch was working fine. Now it isn't. I have searched the forum for tips and found a trick for holding the switch down to get it working but sadly it does nothing for me. I took it back in to Honda for them to look at it, after a 45 min wait I was told that it was like that when they found it? I said it wasn't but it fell on deaf ears. When I asked what was wrong the receptionist could not give me an answer other than something along the lines of "the technician said it was the motor or something" they said they would speak to Honda about goodwill..

Anyway my question is does anyone know what could have failed to stop the auto switch working? I want to know my facts before I take this further. Any help appreciated.

DV

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: [/URL]
  • My Honda: 2013 Honda Jazz EX CVT
Re: Drivers window switch and the Honda recall
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 06:01:32 PM »
The auto function stops working after the battery disconnected.
You have to fully press the button down and when the window is fully down keep the button pressed down for another 5 seconds. After this, pull up the window fully and keep pulling up the switch for 5 seconds. Now the auto function should work.

Tags: