Author Topic: Forum changes  (Read 6708 times)

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Forum changes
« on: January 09, 2011, 07:55:18 PM »
I've merged some of the underused forums together.

DIY Guides and Jazz Problems are now as one as many did get the two confused, especially when DIY Guides used to be called How-to Guides. When I upgrade the forum to SMF 2 (probably later this month or early next month) I will install a modification to allow topics to be marked as 'solved'.

The Dealers/insurance and general discussion forums as now merged as the Non Honda Jazz Specific forum.

The reviews forum is now a sub-forum of the News/blog forum. I will see if I can get new review links posted automatically to the homepage.

The off-topic forum has now been removed. As this forum is essentially self-moderating I feel there is no need for it anymore. Most of the time it was filled with spam posts which are best totally deleted.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:56:50 PM by RichardA »

guest1262

Re: Forum changes
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 01:59:16 PM »
I've merged some of the underused forums together.

DIY Guides and Jazz Problems are now as one as many did get the two confused, especially when DIY Guides used to be called How-to Guides. When I upgrade the forum to SMF 2 (probably later this month or early next month) I will install a modification to allow topics to be marked as 'solved'.

The Dealers/insurance and general discussion forums as now merged as the Non Honda Jazz Specific forum.

The reviews forum is now a sub-forum of the News/blog forum. I will see if I can get new review links posted automatically to the homepage.

The off-topic forum has now been removed. As this forum is essentially self-moderating I feel there is no need for it anymore. Most of the time it was filled with spam posts which are best totally deleted.

Thank you Richard, I'll have to look to understand what you've set up but I do appreciate the effort.

RichardA

• Topic Starter
  • Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
Re: Forum changes
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »
I've changed my mind, I've (re)added a Dealers and Insurance forum! :)

Tags: