Author Topic: From Golf to JAZZ  (Read 8832 times)

grester

• Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Jazz 1.4 EX
From Golf to JAZZ
« on: November 10, 2023, 04:08:32 PM »
Greetings everybody!

My previous car was a 2002 Golf 1.4 and I was looking for something as small and spacious as it, but more lasting/reliable and the Jazz was the obvious option.

It's been about a month since I got my 2010 Jazz 1.4 EX(clusive), UK-made/assembled with 66000 KMs (41000 Miles), and so far so good.

I have a few gripes but are not deal breakers:
  • The clutch I still need some practice, it engages a bit abruptly and is strong.
  • The steering can be a bit stiff for motorway but it seems to be normal for its age as I've seen in another thread.
  • The brakes are a bit all or nothing but might be the pads that need some break-in for not being much used or perhaps just being old.
  • The heater to actually warm the interior seems to need to be set to a rather high temperature - at least 26ºC - even though I'm a cold person.

But so far I'm loving it and I was lucky to find the exact model year I was looking for, with a rather low mileage. (Latest possible 1.4 pre-facelift.)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 04:11:30 PM by grester »

madasafish

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 1.4 ES CVT -2012
Re: From Golf to JAZZ
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 06:47:13 PM »
Welcome.

I eventually changed front pads to EBC (cheapest range). Not so sharp.

Westy36

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: Extremely good !!
  • My Honda: 2013 Jazz 1.4 ES Silver
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 08:02:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :D

With regard to the different characteristics of the controls, this is something you will adapt to. Over the years I must have driven 200+ motors. You soon get used to different controls.

I find the Jazz needs the temp set high in single digit C temperatures. It's an older car, and the door seal rubbers wont be as efficient as they once were. 

Brakes, I use Blue Print pads and discs up front. Work fine and lasting well. The rear has Pagid. Seem OK to me.

If you need it, the manual is here: https://hondafitjazz.com/manual3/index.html

PK316

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 42.3 mpg
  • My Honda: 2012 EXL CVT
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2023, 10:55:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum

Having had decades of VAG vehicles, I bought a 2012 Jazz a year ago - for much the same reasons.
I’ve not been disappointed and hope you won’t be.
Lots of helpful owners and useful info here.

RichardA

• Administrator
  • Approved Member
    • https://clubjazz.org
  • My Honda: 2007 1.4 i-DSi Sport manual
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 10:32:36 AM »
Hello and welcome. :)

grester

• Topic Starter
  • Registered Member
  • My Honda: 2010 Jazz 1.4 EX
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 06:48:34 PM »
Thank you all for the suggestions.

I find the Jazz needs the temp set high in single digit C temperatures. It's an older car, and the door seal rubbers wont be as efficient as they once were. 

I realized a couple days ago, I've been driving with the A/C in implicit mode, in other words, ventilation enabled but no A/C text which defaults to enable. Thus it explains why I felt cold wind anyway. I've forced A/C off and now it warms fine at 22ºC.

Tags:

anything