Author Topic: Safety Recall  (Read 347071 times)

IanG

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Mk4 Jazz EX
Safety Recall
« on: September 09, 2022, 10:57:56 PM »
I received a letter from Honda today regarding a safety recall relating to the front camera not starting up correctly.
Will book in at Honda dealer next week, hopefully when my new seat base is fitted, which has finally arrived.
Anyone else received the recall letter? Said it affects some Jazz in 21/22 model year.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2022, 07:19:01 AM by IanG »

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
Re: Safety Recall
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2022, 12:25:09 AM »
Letter not (yet), camera update yes.
If nothing goes right, go left!

Mr Snazzy Jazz

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2022, 09:37:16 AM »
My Mk4 has just had first service done and I was told the safety recall was for the camera not being able to read Kilometres in Europe.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2022, 10:53:49 AM »
My Mk4 has just had first service done and I was told the safety recall was for the camera not being able to read Kilometres in Europe.

That  sounds like the sort of nonsense a salesman might tell you, especially if they are having to delay appointments.     Mine worked fine  set to kilometers.      Being a right hand drive I thought it might get confused by being on the 'wrong' side of the road  (Jazzik  -  :P )  but I didnt notice any difference in performance.
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2022, 11:16:45 AM »
Driving on the right (yes... RIGHT  ;)) side of the road we covered only 10,000 km in a year.
I now understand why so little: our camera (according to Mr Snazzy Jazz's dealer) was not able to read kilometers and in fact we must have covered 10,000 miles (more than 16,000 km)...

dfconnolly

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz e-HEV EX and 2019 CRV e-HEV SR
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2022, 05:37:18 PM »
I received a letter from Honda today regarding a safety recall relating to the front camera not starting up correctly.
Will book in at Honda dealer next week, hopefully when my new seat base is fitted, which has finally arrived.
Anyone else received the recall letter? Said it affects some Jazz in 21/22 model year.
Got my letter today
From the advert "Who knows where you’ll go?"

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2022, 08:39:09 PM »
Got my letter today
Ditto. I note that the letter says "The repair will take approximately two and a half hours, but please make your vehicle available for longer."
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2022, 08:49:11 PM »
Ditto. I note that the letter says "The repair will take approximately two and a half hours, but please make your vehicle available for longer."
Me to, although as far as I’m concerned the camera is working perfectly.
How would I know there is a fault ?

John Ratsey

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2022 HR-V Elegance
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2022, 09:01:24 PM »
How would I know there is a fault ?
One symptom is probably RDMS keeping quiet on country lanes due to being unable to see where the vehicle is going.
2022 HR-V Elegance, previously 2020 Jazz Crosstar

Kenneve

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2023 Jazz Advance e-HEV, Red
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2022, 09:31:59 AM »
[One symptom is probably RDMS keeping quiet on country lanes due to being unable to see where the vehicle is going.

If that was the case, I would be quite happy to refuse the update, ;D ;D
But of course we don't know the full extent of the update details, so probably best to accept it.

Beaver

• Approved Member
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2022, 09:47:15 AM »
I understand your comment wasn't to be taken literally, but should anyone refuse a recall update, could it invalidate the owners warranty?

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2022, 10:42:38 AM »
Driving on the right (yes... RIGHT  ;)) side of the road we covered only 10,000 km in a year.
I now understand why so little: our camera (according to Mr Snazzy Jazz's dealer) was not able to read kilometers and in fact we must have covered 10,000 miles (more than 16,000 km)...
Yes it was a bit of a shock  clocking up 10000km on the odometer, when back in the uk it was only 6200 miles   ;)    On my old Yaris when changing the digital speedometer  from mph to kph  the odometer stayed on miles.. Bit of a nuisance when map reading etc.   I always keep a map in the car  as a backup to satnav.  Its almost guaranteed that the place I want is on the turn of a page.

Hicardo

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy: 64mpg summer avg, 56mpg winter avg
  • My Honda: Crosstar Surf Blue 2021
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2022, 11:47:07 AM »
Received my letter too  :o

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2022, 11:56:40 AM »
Consider it fan mail, Hicardo.  :D

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2022, 01:02:36 PM »
I havnt received my letter yet, and I think I know why. Just booked in for my first service due on 6 October. 
First available date to have the recall done at the same time  was  well into  November  :o   The dealer said
 its 'because it takes all day'  .

But booking just a service without the recall  was no problem with a choice of dates and times in early October.

I have decided to delay the recall for a while and just gone for the service as I dont want my travel plans for November  disrupted. 

The dealer said  "No problem, its not a safety recall".       Not sure I totally agree , but I have not noticed any problem and I have never relied on it completely.  And as some have pointed out I have managed many years without it, including 1 year when I assumed I had it when sometimes I might not have.  So a few  weeks delay  is no great biggie.

Tags: