Author Topic: Faulty mirror folding  (Read 3935 times)

guest9814

Re: Faulty mirror folding
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2022, 06:57:45 PM »
After visiting my dealer with faulty mirror they blamed my 12v socket splitter with voltmeter, they said that nothing should be used in car 12v socket as this can cause issues with car systems ….. :-X
Damn for watt’s exactly there this socket ?
Nowadays no one uses incandescent bulbs so watt’s exactly we can plug in that damn 12v socket ?

Page 231 of the car handbook:  12v DC accessories rated 180 watts (15 amps) or less.
Exactly !!!
there no limit to something resistive dc load !!!, it can be phone charger with power delivery or air compressor or vacuum cleaner and cool box with 12v compressor, i can use also inverter 150w 220v ac ....
only high watage  walkie talkie should be used with real caution as they realy can mess up all.
I recorded whith digital recorder placed in car this klowns - they simple say one to other say him that there no any issue with mirror -they literly not whanted to check anything !!!!
Now need to found another Honda workshop as this one (flagship !!!) failed to do normal job with seat cover and not wanting to do they job when car returning with issues.
My frend with Jazz came to same dealership with iphone connection issues (when someone calls to phone connected to carplay both parties not hear each other, nothing help also my iphone connected to this infotainment introduced same failure, but in my car all working !) they said that there problem with all honda on earth with iphones that cant work with Honda Infotainment and they can't fix this.....

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2021 Jazz EX
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2022, 07:52:17 AM »
The sockets on most cars are rated as 15 amps, sometimes 20 amp.     A few accessories such as some electric tyre pumps, and electric coolbox can draw over 10 amps each  so if running more than one accessory at the same time  using a socket splitter you need to ensure the total does not exceed 15 amps .Whats more, cheaply made splitter devices may not even be able to carry 15 amps, and the device itself may melt or catch fire  at a lower amperage.  Despite being fused. 

I had this happen to me once when ,without thinking, ran  an electric coolbox through a cheap multiple splitter.  The wire  lead to the splitter device overheated and melted the plug. (The fuse didnt blow).   I was lucky, the device was the weakest link,and failed at only about 10 amps IIRC.   In the end I fitted a second 12 volt socket wired to an empty slot on the fuse box rather  than using splitter devices.  But i wouldnt want to mess about adding a second socket to the Jazz, certainly not while its under warranty.       Had the splitter allowed me to exceed 15amps  it could have been the car wiring that overheated.  :o

So the dealer was right to point out the potential dangers of a splitter.   Phone chargers and the like are not normally a problem as they only draw about 2 amps each. 

But I dont see how the splitter can be blamed for problems with other functions on the car,  which I would have thought have their own wiring circuits.     The socket should be able to provide 15 amps without depriving other   circuits of  the power they need.    If not then the car is not fit for purpose and Honda need to rectify it  - not tell owners to stop using things.   Whether it be revising the wiring circuits , or fitting a bigger 12v battery.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 07:59:32 AM by Lord Voltermore »
  Trust a dog to guard your house  , but not your sandwich

guest9814

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2022, 09:05:45 AM »
The sockets on most cars are rated as 15 amps, sometimes 20 amp.     A few accessories such as some electric tyre pumps, and electric coolbox can draw over 10 amps each  so if running more than one accessory at the same time  using a socket splitter you need to ensure the total does not exceed 15 amps .Whats more, cheaply made splitter devices may not even be able to carry 15 amps, and the device itself may melt or catch fire  at a lower amperage.  Despite being fused. 

I had this happen to me once when ,without thinking, ran  an electric coolbox through a cheap multiple splitter.  The wire  lead to the splitter device overheated and melted the plug. (The fuse didnt blow).   I was lucky, the device was the weakest link,and failed at only about 10 amps IIRC.   In the end I fitted a second 12 volt socket wired to an empty slot on the fuse box rather  than using splitter devices.  But i wouldnt want to mess about adding a second socket to the Jazz, certainly not while its under warranty.       Had the splitter allowed me to exceed 15amps  it could have been the car wiring that overheated.  :o

So the dealer was right to point out the potential dangers of a splitter.   Phone chargers and the like are not normally a problem as they only draw about 2 amps each. 

But I dont see how the splitter can be blamed for problems with other functions on the car,  which I would have thought have their own wiring circuits.     The socket should be able to provide 15 amps without depriving other   circuits of  the power they need.    If not then the car is not fit for purpose and Honda need to rectify it  - not tell owners to stop using things.   Whether it be revising the wiring circuits , or fitting a bigger 12v battery.
I know there no more then 180w , dealer workers replied not about exciding power available from socket and i only write list of things that i can use separately each other without exiding 180w, they blame me using this as this voltmeter  like they said may corrupt car computer work and this causes to mirror stopping work correctly..... (the time i visited dealership that splitter with voltmeter not used to power anything)
In reality they simple not whanted to check anything  and when i replayed record i heared this !!!
In additional i asked them to check car braking system because i sometimes hear strange noise coming from rear of car when i not touching brake pedal, and brake pedal when pressed hard comes to metal (also when car powered off) they not found any issue they said but i not heared them checking braking system at all.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2022, 10:27:08 AM »
It's high time to find yourself a proper dealer, Roman!
If nothing goes right, go left!

guest9814

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2022, 11:14:35 AM »
It's high time to find yourself a proper dealer, Roman!

This time started to me in 2001 when I bought my first car, and became workshop DIY for almost everything.
Not did only shock absorbers replacement myself and   bearing on rear wheel
Oil and filter changes and brake disks and pads I did myself.
Honestly in Israel no dealers - they all only doing money on selling new cars, service make all cars worth then before.
Just now checked error codes after this idiots fixed seat base cover
They not bothered to disconnect 12v battery when working with SRS cables on seat and belt as result 3 permanent  DTCs for SRS and one for broken/ disconnected driver seat heater thermistor
And in addition I seen that my car  has data about 28997km but ODO on instrument panel display only 28028 km what’s that should be …….
And in another place of car system note about that battery  on my car disconnected when ODO at 27604 km (and this is proof that now battery no disconnected when should be.

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
  • My Honda: Honda Jazz e:HEV EX(ecutive) 2021 - Premium Sunlight White Pearl, name: Miles (after Miles Davis)...
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2022, 11:25:08 AM »
Then I only see one solution: emigrate!

guest9814

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2022, 11:43:00 AM »
Then I only see one solution: emigrate!
Back to Ukarine ?
no thanks !!!!

Jazzik

• Approved Member
  • Fuel economy:
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2022, 12:21:32 PM »
I didn't say Remigrate...

guest9814

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2022, 01:13:53 PM »
I didn't say Remigrate...
I wish to live rest of my life in Japan  :) but wo want me there at 45 years old and almost not speaking Japanese...

Jayt43

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2022, 10:10:51 AM »
I now have this issue too (after 6 months of ownership - 14K km on clock). Perhaps an emerging component weakness?

chicksee

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: 2020 Jazz Crosstar
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2022, 05:55:36 PM »
Same problem here, going to the dealers tomorrow. Hoping they replace rather than just spray whatever on it.

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2022, 09:08:59 AM »
No  actual failure so far,  but I have just listened to them in action and they dont exactly sound like high quality precision parts.  A bit plastiky .   Slightly noisier when closing than opening.   
I'm not sure if they were quieter when the car was new.    One may be slightly noisier than the other when closing  but there is not much in it and it may be my imagination.

I will mention it when the car goes in for its first service soon. I wont be surprised to be  told 'they all do that sir', but I will monitor the situation.and maybe  use a sound meter and record db readings.  Better to say  "it was  70 db in August, now its 90 db'  Fix it !  than "I  think it may be a bit noisy"   

I'm wondering if the mechanism is picking up dust and grit.  Stiffness could eventually overwhelm the electric motor. 

Wonder

• Approved Member
  • My Honda: Jazz e:HEV
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2022, 10:03:53 AM »
Hello,
a curiosity, my mirrors work well, they have no problems, I just noticed that when closing the right mirror is slightly slower, it closes a moment after the one on the left.
This fact does not bother me but I was curious to know if this difference in closing speed between the two mirrors is normal (if it happens to some other person) or if I should have it checked?
(Sorry for the mistakes I used Google Translate)

shufty

• Approved Member
  • ...Riding High
  • My Honda: HR-V
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2022, 10:13:23 AM »
My offside mirror is slower than than the nearside one. It was the same in the MK2 I had  :)

Lord Voltermore

• Approved Member
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2022, 10:34:20 AM »
My offside mirror is slower than than the nearside one. It was the same in the MK2 I had  :)

It seems I may need to keep a record of noise level, time  taken and maybe film it to see if it gets more juddery.  ;D
I wish I was one of those who love that level of record keeping   :-[

My latest project is a series of experiments to see how quickly I need to drink a 2 litre bottle of beer without it getting too flat  but without having to share it or risk my health.
I think 660ml a day over 3 days is a reasonable compromise while the hot weather lasts.  :P

Tags:

anything